PART - 24

In these few days, Ritika has observed Sidharth keenly. His behaviour has changed a little. She observed him looking outside from his cabin window repeatedly. Whenever she was with him she noticed some restlessness in him sometime... sometimes smiling to himself.... maximum time he was lost in himself.. either looking outside the window or in his phone or laptop. She felt like being ignored if they were at his office...once she has visited to dinner outside with Sidharth and Aditya..that time she didn't feel his ignorance....that made her little suspicious.

But for Sidharth it was normal...he never thought about the situation in that way...and what he could do.. whenever Shehnaaz was infront of him..his heart..mind..and soul refused to think about anyone else.. anything else....... He still hasn't thought of his friend can feel left out because of his this act.

Ritika observed from the Sid's cabin to see where he always got lost when she saw him once little blushing looking at that side which left her baffled. She knew Sidharth for almost last 15 years...they have completed their schooling together..till they choose different stream.. Sidharth and Aditya choose engineering in computer science while Ritika was interested in fashion designing. But Sidharth even never prefer flirting with ladies and him looking at a girl in that way made her more suspicious and dejected. When she saw Shehnaaz and Nandini's cubicle was seen from Sid's window, she felt a pang in her heart thinking about every possibilities. He was a great friend and can do anything for his friends, she knows it but he can love someone the thought made her heart beat faster. She never said but she always felt something beating louder inside her when he was near to her. She still remembered how she felt..even she started going into the depression when they got separated due to study..when they have enrolled in different colleges. She never realised it was only for him specially not for Aditya untill she saw him that night in his sister's marriage two years ago..the way he was looking in the chocolate brown sherwani with a light pink turban on his head and that heart warming smile on his lips...that day she for the first time felt her heart thumping loudly inside and after that day she experienced it regularly.

Raima always envied Sibani as everyone used to praise her not only for her work but also for her sweet nature. And now Shehnaaz...the competition is becoming tougher day by day for her. After that presentation every lips praised only Shehnaaz and it made Raima more angry.

Shehnaaz ran towards Vinay with the pen Sid has given her. She removed that chain from her pen and forwarded it towards Vinay. Vinay's eyes grew bigger seeing the same chain with a pink star and he looked at Shehnaaz questioningly who was just smiling.

"It will not work. Kyunki yeh sir ke liye sirf koi pen nahin tha..unke emotions jude hain isse...Abhi aur kuch nahin hosakta. I have already made the mistake.", Vinay tried to deny Shehnaaz for nth time who was trying to convince him to give this chain to Sidharth and apologies for his mistake...may be it will help in cancellation of his resignation.

"Are aap ese haar mat mano. Aur yaadein toh mere bhi jude hain isse bohot... issiliye mein bhi samajhti hun, how much that pen is important for him.", Shehnaaz said kissing that star with a smile on her face. That smile was not leaving from her face and why will it leave.... finally, the fear in her heart got vanished today...her bff..her Sid..her Donut..her bestfriend still remembers her...he has her gifted pen with him..he still cared for her.. about her emotions.. about the promise he has given to her....he still considers her as his friend..his Cupcake.......

"Toh tum ye kyun de rahi ho.", Vinay asked surprisingly.

"Kyunki abhi iski zaroorat unhe jyada hai. Mere paas toh phir bhi ye pen rahegi na.", she said showing her pen which was same as Sidharth except the colour. She knew that giving this to him is equal to giving an open hint of her being his Cupcake...but now, she doesn't care about what he will think... because she was sure now that he still remembers her and nothing more matters for her than the tears she has seen in his eyes.