Chapter 8

Y/Ns pov
I woke up to silence, I got up and got dressed in the bathroom when I came back into my room to get my books for the day I notice that there is no-one there all there beds are made their books have gone. I go downstairs and look at the clock I realise it's 10:15 I'm late not like 2-5 minutes late I'm about 2 hours late. I rush out the common room and to dada when I get there no-one is there I slowly open the door to find professor lupin at his desk marking test papers, he looks up when he hears the door shut, " ah Y/N your about and hour late class has already been and finished" he says with a smile on his face "oh I thought I had this lesson must be in potions then my bad sorry for disturbing you" I slay slightly timidly "no problem Y/N have a good day" he says and puts his head back down to finish marking "ye you to sir" I say quietly and rush out the door and make my way to potions. When I get to potions I'm 30 minutes late 'great Snape is going to kill me I'm always late to his lessons' I thought, I open the door and everyone turns round and stares at me I put my head down and make my way over to the only free seat in the room the one next to draco malfoy 'great just my look' I sit down and get my book out and try to catch up on the work I can still feel everyone's eyes on me so I look up and I'm instantly met with a pair of onyx eyes. I put my head down but I can still feels his eyes on me.

Snapes pov
When I started the class I looked up to start explaining the task for today I looked around and noticed that Y/N was nit there and I didn't see her at breakfast either I wonder if something has happened to her I turn back around to face my desk and I just go to sit down when I hear and explosion I spin round again to see where it came from, 'oh great draco malfoy' "malfoy what do you think your doing clean it up now" I yell at him "yes professor but it was Harry he slipped something into the potion" he tried to make up an excuse "ugh 10 points from Gryffindor and no back chat" I sighed and sat back down. About 30 minutes into the lesson the door swings open and Y/N walks in, she sits down at the only available seat next to draco malfoy she puts her stuff down then looks up we make eye contact for about 10 seconds then she puts her head down again 'great time to pretend to shout at her I hate having to do this to her especially' I look around the room then announce her presence " well Miss L/N late again I wonder why" I say slightly annoyed " sorry sir I slept in" she says still sounding tired " not good enough of and excuse Miss L/N detention tonight at 7 do not be late" I say and turn back around to my desk I hear her mutter under her breath "ye you always give me detention give me a break" I spin round and say "what was that Miss Y/N" she looks at me dumbfoundly "that's a weeks detention now get on and help malfoy with his potion.