Chapter Six

Grief
・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

" Pete, open the door. "

" So, where are you guys headed to after school? " Ned asked as the three walked down the hallway to their last class.

" Mum says I'll have to help her with the groceries. Dad is at work. " Y/n huffed and Peter chuckled.

" I'll be going to the public library. " He says and Ned nodded. " I'll be playing Xbox. "

The three laughed and sat in their usual seats. Y/n and Peter beside each other while Ned in front of them with some girl called Bethany.

" I'm not jealous, but do you ever stop studying, Parker? " Y/n asks, smirking. Peter rolled his eyes and nudged her slightly.

" You're definitely jealous. " Y/n giggled.
" Studying? Please! I'm not. Besides, there are better things to do like Netflix! " She grinned and Ned laughed.

As the final bell rung, both Y/n and Peter parted ways with Ned and walked in comfortable silence. " Do you think I should tell Uncle Ben? He was asking me about change. As in, he noticed I changed. "

Y/n giggled. " Maybe you should. Adult supervision! " She says, air quoting the words. Peter chuckled and shook his head.

" See you later! I'll call if I need math help! " Y/n gave him a hug and Peter chuckled.

" Sure. "

Y/n went to pull away but Peter held her in place. " Babyface. " She warned and Peter smirked. " Jus because you're stronger now doesn't mean you hold me captive. "

" I'm just hugging my best friend. " Y/n rolled her eyes, a small smile spreading on her lips. " You might as well just stay like this for the rest of your life if you get to. Come on! " She wriggled out of his grip and stood on her tip toes to peck his forehead and walked into the building.

" I'd like that! " He whispered.

--

" Are we done yet? " Y/n whined, handing things one by one to her mother as she settled them in cupboards.

" Okay, last one. " Helen chuckled and Y/n sighed. " That was exhausting. "

As soon as Y/n sat on the couch, there was a sudden upsetting feeling in Y/n's stomach. She scrunched her face, the first thought running in her mind was Peter.

" Mum, I'm just gonna go check up on
Peter. " She got up and headed towards the door. " He's sick? "

" No, something doesn't feel right. " She twisted the door open, and stepped out.
" Okay, I'll join you. "

The two walked down the street, only to see ambulance and police rushing towards Peter's apartment. Y/n's heart dropped. She didn't spend a second to break into a sprint.

As she reached, she rushed in past people and found May on the couch, devastated. " May! What's wrong? " She asked, looking around.

" I-It's Ben. He got shot. " Y/n blinked away the tears, grabbing onto her hand. " Where is he? He's okay, right? Where's Peter? "

" He's dead! " May sobbed, Helen hugging her from behind. " I'm sorry. "

Y/n could hear shuffling from Peter's room, so she got up and ran to his room. Tears streamed down her face shamelessly as she knocked on the door. " I know you're in there. " She says softly, knocking once more.