Chapter Ten

Ned.
・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

" Because well, you're my best friend and if anything, you should be my first kiss rather than some other girl. "

" I wouldn't. " Y/n argued as she opened her locker to take out her binders. " Oh, you would. "

The two had been debating what Y/n would do if Peter would leave her and find some other best friend. It was silly, but both knew Y/n was serious while Peter was joking.

" I wouldn't cry. " She gave him a pointed look as she turned around and Peter scoffed. " You would cry. You would miss me so much. "

Y/n knew it was useless. She would be devastated. " Why are you asking me that, though? Are you trying to get rid of me? " She squinted her eyes and Peter gaped.

" No!! I was joking! " Y/n chuckled and nudged him slightly, but only for Peter to grab her arm and lean her against the lockers. He stood beside her, waiting for Ned.

" Overslept again. " Y/n mumbled, her head falling against Peter's shoulder.
" Hey, guys! Guess what?! " Ned squealed and Y/n chuckled. " What is it, Nedster? "

" New Lego Death Star!! Wanna build it tonight? " He asked hopefully. Y/n nodded. " Sure. " The two looked at Peter, who shook his head guilty.

" I can't, man! I have-"

" Stark Internship. " Both Y/n and Ned chorused, Y/n giggling. " Always got this internship. " Ned mumbled.

" Well, hopefully it leads to a real job. " Peter said, nudging Y/n to back him up.

" Yeah! Good work with the spreadsheets Peter, here's a gold coin. I donno how jobs work. " He added with a goofy grin and Y/n laughed.

" That's exactly how jobs work. " Peter stated, stealing a glance at Y/n, who was looking ahead as she walked.
" There's Liz! " Ned squealed again and Y/n chuckled.

She had subsided the jealousy all along. If only Liz had been mean, she'd have hated her. But she was sweet and kind and was a good friend and Y/n couldn't bring herself to hate her even if she wanted to.

" Yeah! " Peter breathed out, staring at the girl. He stopped walking and Y/n had to drag the two boys for the class.

---

" We still up for Math? " Peter asked and Y/n nodded. " Weekend. " She mumbled, laying on the lunch table and staring at Peter. " What? " He took a bite and Y/n rolled her eyes.

" You also eat like a baby. " She wiped off the crumbs from his lower lip and Peter blushed. Y/n giggled and Ned sighed. " Am I third wheeling? "

Both Y/n and Peter looked at him surprised. " Why would you say that? " She asked, confused. " Because you two are always like this lovey-dovey couple, it's too much sweet. " Ned reasoned and Y/n rolled her eyes.

" Oh, well. " She closed her eyes, ready to fall asleep. Peter didn't find it necessary to answer too and stuffed his mouth with food, glaring at Ned.

By the time the day had come to an end,
Y/n got up and made her way to the gates. She leaned against it, finding Peter jogging towards her.

" Hey, I gotta-"

" Start the patrol, yeah. I know. Just don't get in any trouble and don't-"

" Get hurt, yeah. I know. " Y/n rolled her eyes and gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek before making her way down the street. Peter watched her go, sighing.