Chapter Twenty-Three

Understandings
・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

" You're just hard to resist. "

Waking up, Peter found himself with
Y/n. A smile spread across his face as he examined her face. He caressed her cheek with his thumb gently, wanting to stay in the moment forever.

He loved the way Y/n was still clutching on his shirt, her face snuggled into chest while he kept her close. He wondered what he did to deserve her. In all honesty, he had never thought he could feel this way about anyone.

He had been best friends with Y/n for as long as he could remember, she was always there for him when he was down, and he was always by her side when she needed a mood lift.

But he had never imagined himself so close, so intimate towards his own best friend, he loved the feeling. He completely trusted her with his own life and more than he trusted himself.

But there were endless worries. He just couldn't put away what had happened. She was kidnapped and kept somewhere for a whole week, and the kidnapper just happened to have something against him.

He couldn't bare the thought of loosing her. He couldn't even imagine a life without her now that he thought of it. There was always a part Y/n had of herself in his life, more than he knew. There was always Y/n in his life and he didn't know where he would be if she wasn't.

Was it bound to happen? He wondered. Was Y/n even supposed to get bitten by the other Spider? If yes, than why a spider with healing powers. Why not something else like the powers he had?

He knew his supposed theory was a little childish, but what else would he think of it? It so happened that he was bit by a radioactive spider that gave him powers and changed his life completely, letting him not only stand to ground as Peter Parker but get in the sky as Spiderman.

But why Y/n?

He had realised she was a major part if his life, she was the person he mostly looked forward to spend his life with.
Y/n was the one who kept him down to earth, to stop him from being reckless at times and ask him to be stupid and go for it at other times.

She was basically his medicine, even if it was while she healed him after his nightly patrols or as Peter Parker, a normal teenager and an awkward nerd.

She was the glue that held him together. She held him when he cried, she held him when he was happy and she held him when he wasn't even expecting it.

He looked at her once again, his thumb still involuntarily caressing her cheek ever so gently while Y/n slept soundly. He couldn't imagine what she would've been through through out the week, hopefully, not something more torturous.

She looked better, her skin that was pale yesterday was now back to the normal colour, her lips were stretched into a small smile that made him wonder what she was probably dreaming about.

He couldn't help but smile to himself.

" What would I do without you? " He whispered, the adoring smile evident in his voice.

" Probably with someone that isn't me. " She muttered, facing him as she tiredly opened her eyes with a teasing smile. Peter chuckled, shaking his head.

" Sounds horrible. " Y/n grinned. " Does it, now? " Peter hummed. He leaned closer and closed the gap between their lips.

It was always like the first kiss. He still felt the butterflies and his insides flipping with excitement and joy while Y/n couldn't contain the slight sound of happiness that left her lips.