Chapter Seventeen

He's Trouble.
・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

" Why did you invite him? "

" He's doing it on purpose! " Peter threw his hands in the air and Ned sighed.

" I know, man. Did you see Y/n was so uncomfortable! "

" Well, Parker. You should speak up if you want to win her over. " Michelle appeared out of nowhere, causing Peter and Ned to jump.

" Yeah, dude. I still don't get it. " Peter sighed.

" I'm going to class. " He trudged away.

Both the boys felt helpless. Harry Osborn was being a constant jerk, making Y/n uncomfortable by touching her. Of course, she couldn't say that out loud, but it was clear to Peter.

She'd try not to flinch when Harry would throw his arm around her shoulder or kiss her hand whenever he gets the chance to. He'd even sit beside her on lunch sometimes sneakily and way too close.

Peter hated the fact that he couldn't do anything. Y/n had never been so annoyed and irritated. Ever since the Homecoming, which was three weeks ago, Harry had been nothing but snobby and clingy.

Peter knew he had a complicated relationship with Y/n. Homecoming was the last time they had shared a kiss but he was glad nothing was awkward.

They were still the same. One thing was clear to him in the span of these past three weeks. He didn't want to be just friends with Y/n anymore. He wanted to ask her out and let Harry know she's not the one to go for. And Harry had made Peter realise it.

But of course, as Y/n had said, he was too much of a chicken to even get the words out. What if she said no? He'd have to even let go of her as friends, as best friends.

Harry was popular, of course and he bullied Peter and Ned verbally when
Y/n wasn't around. But she knew, of course by the looks he gave Ned and especially Peter.

She hated him.

But she couldn't do anything. She was herself very uncomfortable and Peter and Ned were always trying to get her away.

But she also found out that it was so annoying and hurtful to watch Peter when Harry was around, constantly shoving him down by rude words.

Y/n could always see the slight slip of self confidence in him every time that happened. She just wanted to tell him she'd always choose him over Harry.

But how? She wanted to ask him out, but what if he didn't need any serious relationship? She'd ruin the friendship of years through a few words.

She was standing awkwardly beside Harry, who had his arm around her as he talked to other popular friends around him. She spotted Peter and Ned walking towards the class they were standing outside of.

She didn't say anything but simply slipped out of his grip and made her way to the two boys with a forced smile. She knew they'd throw a fit.

No matter what, she just couldn't stand Harry's touch. It was always uncomfortable and it sent bad shivers down her spine.

" Hi. " Peter smiled too, but the smile didn't reach his eyes while Ned gave his usual goofy grin. " Let's go inside. "

Peter nodded and the three crossed the popular group. Harry watched as they went inside with a smirk. He was sure he was getting Y/n.