Chapter 9

9:30 pm
"Y/n! Zach's here," V yells.
I sigh, "I don't know what to wear!"
I hear footsteps come down the hall.
"I've never been to a party. What do I even wear?" I turn to the door expecting Vinnie, but it's Zach. He shrugs, "Well you're still wearing my hoodie. Put on some jeans and you'll be good on an outfit."

I look down at the red sweatshirt that's on me. "Right. Here, you can have it back," I say, starting to take it off.
"No, it's fine. You can wear it for tonight. It looks better on you anyways."
I nod and turn back to my closet, feeling my cheeks get warm.

I find some jeans and I look at Zach, which gives him the signal to leave and close my door. I put them on and leave my room.
"Okay, I'm ready."
Zach opens the door and we head to his car.

*after the ride*

"Oh god, is it too late to go back home?" I nervously say as I stare at the huge house in front of me.
Zach walks over to me, "You'll be fine. I'm here, Corbyn and Daniel are here, and so is the rest of the team."
I slouch my shoulders, "Yeah but Stacy is also here."

He chuckles, "Just hang out with me and the boys. You'll be fine. But no drinking."
My eyes widen in fear, "There's alcohol?"
"Yeah, at Stacy's parties there always is. Just steer clear of it okay? I like your Uncle and don't wanna be on his bad side."

Narrator's POV
Flashbacks start to rise up from deep within, leaving Y/n standing there, not moving a single muscle.

Her breathing starts to pick up. Zach looks at her, concerned of what's going on through her mind. He places his hands on her shoulders, causing her to jump and wince at his touch. Immediately, Zach pulls her in for a hug, rubbing her back for comfort.

"Hey, woah, it's just me okay?" He reassures.
Her mind finds his voice, realizing everything was just a memory and is all in the past. A feeling a relief flows through her body as she lets out a long and heavy sigh.

Zach pulls apart, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, "What was that? Are you okay?"
Y/n catches her breath, nodding at his question.
"I'm fine," she says, pushing back down the memory she pushed away a long time ago.

He lifts an eyebrow at her, "You think I believe that?" As if nothing happened, Y/n is back to the way she was, making sure he forgets what happened. "What? Why is that not believable?!" She says, making an exaggerated offended face.

"Girls are never fine when they say 'I'm fine," Zach says, mocking a girls voice.
Y/n rolls her eyes, "Guess you haven't been around girls enough Herron."
She lightly smirks, walking past him towards the house.

While he can't see her face, she swallows a huge gulp, knowing she would have to see alcohol once again in her life.

She just didn't expect it to be this soon.

Your POV
I reach the door and turn around.
"Hurry up you slow poke," I say, causing Zach to jog towards me.
He opens the door, revealing this huge staircase.
"Zachary!" We hear.Stacy approaches us, holding a red solo cup in hand. "Come join the fun love," She said.
"Don't call me that," Zach mumbles as he gets dragged away.

I close the door and follow behind, walking in to a living room, bigger than my room doubled.
It connects to this ginormous kitchen, where some of the football guys and cheerleaders are standing and talking. On the couch, I see the boys with some other cheerleaders.
I look around and estimate about 30 to 40 people here, separated into three or maybe four different groups.

I turn around to the sound of more and more people, entering and already hyped up.
This is not just the team and the cheerleaders. It's like.. the whole school.
Another group of people walk past me, going straight to others or grabbing a drink.