Chapter 23

One month later

"The Panthers take home the championship win with a concluding score of 36 to 21. Everybody make some noise!!" The commentator says, causing the audience to cheer so loud.

Zach gets handed the trophy, turning to the audience and holding it up with one arm. "LETS GOOOO!" He shouts, earning some back.

"WOOO!" I cheer at the top of my lungs. I take off my helmet and let it drop to the ground, running at Zach.

"Good job tonight!!" I exclaim.

Zach laughs, handing the trophy to coach. He turns around and bends down, lifting me up from the waist, spinning me in a circle. "I could say the same to you. You killed it for our last game."

I blush, "I got to kick because you made those throws. You walked so I could run."

He laughs, bending down to kiss me. I let his soft lips place on mine, and we share a sweet kiss before pulling apart.

"You love birds go change and continue that somewhere else," Coach said, laughing and pointing towards the locker room.

We laugh as well. "Race you?" Zach asks.

"Oh you're on," I say. We both stand there, waiting for the other to move.

"3.." Zach counts down.

"2.." I continue.

"1.." He finishes.

"GO!" We both shout.

We both start running as fast as we can towards the locker rooms. I touch the wall, indicating I won, and Zach jogs up to me.

"For your information, I let you win," He pants.

I chuckle, "Sure, whatever you want to tell yourself."

Zach leans down, and I quickly turn my head to the side, making him kiss my cheek. "Losers don't get prizes."

He furrows his eyebrows. "Winners do. Pick your prize."

"Hmm," I think. "How about you come over tonight?"

He smiles, "Done."

"Alright, let's go change," I say, patting his chest that is covered with the pads.

We both go our separate ways to change out of our gear, getting ready to go back to my place.

Monday

"Zach?" I say as he comes out of the coaches office. "Why'd you put a note in my locker telling me to come here? Are you in trouble?"

"Actually, just the opposite. Coach told me to talk to him after school, and you'll never believe what just happened."

I smile, having a small clue. "What?"

Zach's lips grow and reach ear to ear, metaphorically of course. "I just got offered three full ride scholarships to three different schools."

My face drops. "WHAT!?"

"I know!!"

"Zach! I'm so proud of you!" I exclaim, wrapping my arms around his neck to give him a tight hug.

"Who offered?" I ask after we pull apart.

"Penn State, Clemson and Ohio State."

"Clemson!" I scream. "You want to go there!!"

"I know!!" He gives the same energy back.

"But Penn State and Ohio State are pretty good options as well. Are you going to think about it?"