Chapter 22

(A/N: italic text means a flashback. Earlier in the day in this case)

An hour and a half earlier
"Are you sure you're willing to do whatever?" The captain asks me.
I nod, "I'm positive."
He slowly nods. "This plan will only work if you put your life in danger though.."
I inhale, "I can handle it."

He hands me something rubber. "This is an ear piece. If you touch it, it'll active the microphone inside and we can hear what you're saying and hearing. If anything happens, let's say he takes you somewhere and we lost him, then you do your best to name your surroundings and where you are, but not too obvious to where it seems like we're onto them."
I nod, putting the ear piece in and making sure it's secure.

"Try to keep it hidden if you can," the captain says.
I let my hair fall, allowing it to cover my ears.
"If anything else happens, let's say he pulls out a gun, then let us know. If he does happen to have a gun, try to disarm him and tell us when it is disarmed."
I take in every single information he is telling me, going through every scenario we think could happen.
"As soon as it's safe and clear, we will come in unexpectedly and arrest them on sight. Do you understand?" He asked everyone in the room.

We all nod, and gear up, getting ready to leave.
It's time to put it to action.

Back to present time

"What did you do?" My dads teeth grit, as some officers come running over to him, putting him in cuffs.
I smile at him, taking out the earpiece and showing it to him. "Maybe next time, you should search someone who just came from the station."

He groans, and my attention is brought over to David, also being cuffed up. "She was talking to them the whole time, not us."
"Oh you little piece of-"
"You have the right to remain silent," the captain interrupts. "Anything you say can be used against you in court. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I'm telling you?"

He silently nods, finally accepting defeat.
I wave him goodbye as they escort him out.
"What are you doing!!" Stacy squeals as they cuff her up.
"This was all them! I'm not involved!!"
"Oh please," Micah says, being led out. "You started this whole thing."
"Ugh!!" She complains. "My dad is going to have a bone to pick with you!" She says to the cop, who takes her away.
I watch as my brother and mom silently walk out.

Once they're all gone, I run over to Zach and fall to the ground, wrapping my arms around his neck.
"I'm so glad you're okay," I whisper, smiling as his arms embrace me.
"Me? What about you?" He says, pulling apart and bringing his thumb to my cheek. He wipes off what i think is blood dripping, and I smile, placing my hand on his. "I'm fine, it's just some cuts that'll heal in a week or so."

"Still," he said. "We should get you to see someone."
Zach starts standing up and holds out his hand. "Come on," he says. I smile and grab his hand, walking with him to leave this warehouse.
"You know you scared me when you had the gun in your hand."
I chuckle, "Sorry. I somehow had to disarm them."
He places an arm around my shoulder, "I've got a smart girlfriend."

I was taken aback by the label and look at him, smiling and biting my lip. "And I've got a brave boyfriend."

~

After getting medical attention, they drive Zach and I back to the station, where we're met with the boys along with Aunt Rita and Vinnie.
I see them and instantly go in for a hug.
"I'm so glad you're okay," Aunt Rita cries.
"I'm so glad to be okay," I whisper.
We pull apart and Vinnie rubs my chin. "I'm sorry for not protecting you."
I shake my head, "It's not your fault. Besides, I managed to hold up."

We all smile and I look towards the boys.
I spot Crawford and start to take off his sweatshirt.
"Just as said," I say, handing it over to him. "Delivered back with my own two hands."
He takes it and opens his arms, allowing me to hug him.
"You're a badass," he says.
I laugh, "And you smell like ass."
He pulls apart, looking offended, causing me to laugh even harder. "I'm kidding," I say in between breaths.
He laughs too, "Yeah yeah whatever."

I give Jack and Jonah a hug, then turn my attention to Corbyn and Daniel.
Wrapping my arms around both of them. I sigh of relief. "I'm so sorry for getting you guys taken."
Their heads rest on my shoulder. "You're not the only tough one you know that right?" Corbyn laughs.
We pull apart and I smile, "Yeah. I'm just so glad they didn't lay a finger on you."

"Oh but they laid a finger on you. Are you okay?" Daniel says, pointing to the cuts on my face.
I nod, "It'll heal. Just stings to clean it."

I look over my shoulder to Zach and I go towards him.
"You know, you'd make a pretty good cop one day," he says.
I laugh, "Oh yeah? Why's that?"
"You completely fooled them!" He jumps in excitement. "God, and the way you held that gun in your hand and missed me on purpose? Wait it was on purpose right? You weren't trying to kill me or anything?"
"Zach.."
"I mean I was wearing a vest so even if you did shoot me it-"

I shut him up by grabbing his face and placing my lips on his.
"What was that for?" He smiled.
"To shut you up."
He rolls his eyes, "Oh come on, you love when I talk."
I scrunch my face, "I... never said that-"
He leans down to place his lips on mine. "Right, you love my lips more."
I roll my eyes and peck his lips one more time. "I guess you could say that."
He smiles and cups my face, gently placing his lips on mine, kissing me ever so softly.

"Blech, get a room. We're still single over here," Crawford says.
We pull apart and laugh at him, causing everyone to laugh.
This right here is the family that I need.