Chapter 17

Zach's POV

The boys💪
Me: Did any of you guys drive Summers home?
Corbyn: Daniel Crawford and I didn't.
Jonah: No
Jack: Weren't you supposed to?
Me: Yeah but I was running late, then Stacy stopped me but she wasn't at my car when I finally got there.
Daniel: She probably just walked home then.
Crawford: Yeah bro don't sweat it.
Me: I'll go check. I'll let you guys know.

I pull into her driveway and get out.
Locking my car, I walk towards the door.
Y/n's bag is laying there, and a key is in the lock.
Worried, I go to open the door. "Y/n?" I shout.
No answer.
"Y/n?!" I run in and go straight to her room. No one is home.

"Oh god oh god."
I quickly take out my phone and call Corbyn.
"What's up?"
"Dude, Y/n isn't here! Her key was left in the door and her bag is open on the doorstep and no ones home. Oh my god I could've just emailed my teacher instead of staying after to talk to him. God and Stacy threw herself on me right after?! This is all my fault and I-"

"Zach shut up and breathe will you?" Corbyn says through the phone.
I stop talking and run a hand through my hair.
"Dude," I breathe. "She's gone."
"Okay okay, so her bag is left open on the ground, her key is in the door. Was the door open?"
"No. But it was unlocked. The key was already turned." I bend down and look in her bag. "The inside of her bag is so disorganized. I've studied with her, she is everything but disorganized."

"Okay, I'll let the rest of the guys know and send some of them out to look. Maybe she's on the run or something and is out on the streets."
I sigh, "Okay but I have a bad feeling. I don't think she's okay."
"Understandable dude. Just don't lash out like you do okay? Is Vinnie and her Aunt there?"
"No," I reply.
"Stay there and wait for them to get home to fill them in. In the meantime, call nine-one-one to let them know."
"Okay," I say, ending the call.

thirty minutes later

"Zach? What's going on?" Vinnie asks as him and Rita get out of the car.
"Excuse me," I say to the cop, going over to them.
I take a deep breath. "Y/n is missing."
"What?" Rita's voice whispers in disbelief.
"What is the meaning of this?" Vinnie points to the cop standing by the front door.

I purse my lips, "I was running late, and I guess she walked home so I came to check on her but the key was in the lock and her bag was on the ground. No one was inside."
"She's actually missing?" Vinnie questions.
I slowly nod.
"Oh god," Rita says, taking a seat on the front steps. "I was worried for this to happen."
"She's a tough girl. She can handle herself," Vinnie reassures.

"Rita?" A lady says.
"Barbara, hi," she says with a weak smile.
"I'm sorry to hear about Y/n. She's a lovely girl," Barbara said.
"Thank you."
"I actually came over because I have something that could help."

My eyes widen, "You do?"
She looks at me and nods, "Yeah. My front door camera was on, but it's pretty disturbing."
"Oh," Rita says, placing her face in her hands. "I can't watch it."
"I can," I say. "I need to know what happened to her."
Barbara nods, "Sure. Vinnie?"
He nods, getting up and standing next to her.

She nods and shows me her phone, clicking play.
Y/n is running to the front door. She rustles through her bag on the ground when a red car pulls up. Out comes a guy who runs over and drags her away, hand on her mouth.
Show your face.
Her body stops fighting and he puts her in the back of the car.
Show your damn face.
The guy walks around to the drivers side and looks around.

"Wait pause it right there," I say.
She pauses the video. "May I?" I ask. She gives me her phone and I zoom in to his face.
That mother fu-
"Who is he?" Vinnie asks.
"He's the guy from the homeless shelter." My blood starts to boil. I clench my fists. He worried me from the start with his flirting, but kidnapping her?
"What's his name Zach?" Vinnie questions."Micah."

Later, y/n's pov

Weary. Tired. Weak.
My eyes slowly open, my wrists hurt. Friction.
They're tied together behind my back.
Where am I?
Once my eyes open, everything processes.
Micah.
I quickly look around and I'm in some bedroom. There's a bed, a drawer, even a closet door. The night sky is noticeable from the window.
I spot an installed camera in the corner of the room, and I get up from the floor and go up to it.

"Micah!" I shout. "Let me out! Where the hell did you take me?!"
The bedroom door opens and Micah comes in. "Shh Shh," he hushes.
"You want me to be quiet?! You just kidnapped me!" I shout.
He comes closer and places a hand on my mouth. "I know and I'm sorry."
"If you're sorry then let me go," muffled words come from under his hand.
He shakes his head, "I can't Y/n. Hex is paying me to keep you here and they bought me this house."

I flick my head to the side to remove his hand.
"Hex? What the hell is a Hex?"
He shrugs, "I don't know who they are. I woke up in my car with a letter on my window signed by someone named Hex. It had so much money in it Y/n, enough to get me out of my car and into a hotel."
"I'm happy for you but this isn't the way to take money!! Kidnapping someone?!"
"Shh!" He hushes again.
I sigh, "What time is it?"
He rolls up his sleeve and an expensive looking Rolex is on his wrist.
"It's three am."
I nod towards his wrist, "And where did you get that from?"

He covers it back up, "Hex has been paying me to.." He pauses and I roll my eyes.
"Paying you to what?"
"Keep tabs on you."
"What? Like stalking?" I question.
He nods, causing me to groan. "You're unbelievable. You know there's more ways to make money right? A job for starters. Try getting one of those!"
He sighs, "I know, and I'll never forgive myself but Hex is paying me a lot. I can finally afford so much. Instead of spending money on gas I can spend money on an actual meal now."

I roll my eyes, "And the cost of doing that is keeping me captive in this room?"
He looks down. "Yeah.."
"And what's stopping me from walking out and running for help?" I say, looking towards the open door.
He sighs, "Me.."
I study his figure. He is so much taller than me and has a bigger build. Is it worth trying to run away from someone who I can't even fight?
No. I can't do it physically. I gotta use my brain and make a plan.

I roll my eyes and go to lay on the bed.
"Leave me alone Micah."
I hear him walk out of the room and close the door, locking it from the outside.
I sit up and examine the room.
I need a plan to escape, and I need one now.