Chapter 20

"W-what?!"
"I know, it's a lot to hear considering you just escaped from him. Please, take a seat outside as I meat up with my team on what to do."
I nod, and Zach leads me out to take a seat in the lobby.

"This is what I was afraid of.." I slowly say.
"I'm sorry things just got worse."
I shake my head, "It's not your fault. It's Stacy's if anything."
Zach leans back in his chair, arms crossed. "You can say that again."
"Do you think she will get in trouble? If she has enough money and power to bail them out and pay Micah, do you think she will use that to not get caught?"

Zach shrugs, "If she doesn't get caught then the system is corrupt."
"What system?"
We look up and Jonah, Jack and Crawford are making their way towards us.
I smile and get up, giving them a hug. "Nothing important. Where's Corbyn and Daniel?"

"They're not in here?"
Zach and I shake our heads.
"But Corbyn's car is outside," Jack says.
My eyes widen and I quickly run past them and out of the station.
I hear them follow behind and I run to his car.
"No ones inside," I say.
I go to the drivers side and notice that it isn't closed all the way.
"Guys," I slowly say. "The car is unlocked."

I quickly run back in the station and talk to the guy at the front desk.
"I think there's been a kidnapping outside. Two males, both eighteen, one is brunette, one is blonde. They're a little bit on the skinnier side but they're fairly tall and drove here in a white sedan."

The guy takes in what I've just said and starts typing away on his computer. He waves me over and I join his side of the desk, where the security cameras are pulled up.
The boys wait on the other side of the desk, nervous as to what happened.

I see Zach and I pull up and walk into the station. A red car pulls up as soon as we walked in. It's Micah's car. They were following behind.
Corbyn's car then pulls in and parks.
No.
NO.

Micah and David get out of the car and go up to Daniel and Corbyn as they're getting out. They wrap their arms around their neck and place a white cloth on their nose and mouth.
They're out like a light, and they put them in the back seat.

"No one saw this happen at all?!" I freak out.
"I'm sorry ma'am. I'll go let the captain know."
I go to take a seat, letting my face rest in my hands.
"Ugh!" I let out in frustration, hitting my fist on the armrest. "This is all my fault!"
"Woah, you're not the one who took them right?" Jack says.
I sigh, "No, but they're taken because they want me. Micah said he's been keeping tabs on me, stalking me. He must've recognized them and decided to use them as leverage."

"We'll get them back, don't worry," Zach tried to comfort.
"Don't worry?" I say. "All I can do is worry. My dad threatened to kill his hostages if I don't turn myself in to him. Seven people Zach! Seven lives!"
"Y/n-"
"One life is better than seven."
I quickly get up, leaving the boys behind, and make my way to the captains office, barging in on their meeting.
"They have two of my friends. I'm willing to do whatever it is to make sure they come back alive. Whatever plan you have that has the highest rate of those seven people surviving, do it."

The captain looks at me, back at his team, then back at me. "Are you sure?"
I nod, "Positive."

The captain had told me about the new plan. Now that I'm on board to do whatever, it'll be easier.
"Here, wear this," he said, handing me a bulletproof vest and an ear piece.
I put them on and watch as he tells everyone what they have to do.

"Y/n will go in, unarmed, unacquainted. But we will be in her ear at all times," The captain says. "Remember, there are seven hostages. Two of them are Ms. Summers friends, and the other five are unknown. They could be a family, two separate families, maybe even a child. We won't know until Y/n goes in and tells us."

"But sir, aren't we putting a civilian in danger?"
He nods his head, "I am very aware of that, but Ms. Summers-"
"I'll do whatever it takes to get them out of there. If my dad wanted me dead, he would've done it when he had a gun pressed against the back of my head."

Everyone nods and the captain looks at the clock. "Okay we're running out of time. We have thirty minutes to get there or he will shoot a hostage. Is everyone on board with the plan?"

We all nod and start filing out of the room.
"Y/n wait," Zach says, catching me before I leave. "You're going with them?!"
I nod my head, "We have a plan, don't worry."
"Don't worry?" He does the same thing as me. "You're putting your life in danger!"
"Yeah but if I don't do this then there are seven lives in danger!" I say back. "I have to go."

"Wait!" He says, grabbing my hand and pulling me back. "Nothing will change your mind, right?"
I nod my head.
"Okay.. well can you at least wear a sweatshirt over the vest? To hide you're wearing one?"
I look down at the exposed vest and I nod, "Yeah, I can do that."

"Here," Crawford says, handing me his sweatshirt he just took off.
"I expect you to give it back personally."
I purse my lips and nod, "Yeah, of course."
We all do a group hug.
"Please be safe," Jack says.
I smile, "I will be."
"Oh and Y/n?" Jonah says.
"Hm?"
"Go kick some butt."
I chuckle, "Thanks Marais."

I look at them one last time before I head out.
"I love you guys."
When I get outside, I feel a hand turn me by my shoulder. I smile at the sight of Zach, and he grabs my face, placing his lips on mine, kissing me slowly, yet passionately.

We pull apart and he leans his forehead on mine. "Goodbye kiss?" I question.
He shakes his head, "No, this isn't goodbye. It's a to-be-continued, because you're going to come back, okay?"
I nod, "Okay."

"Y/n, let's go," The captain shouts.
I let go of Zach and walk backwards, "I'll see you later."
I get in the car and run the plan over and over again in my head. All the possibilities that we discussed, what I have to do when I enter, everything that we took thirty minutes to talk over, is coursing through my brain.

Now all I have to do is make sure it all goes according to plan.

~

We pull up to the house and I see my dad peeking through the window.
We all get out and everyone takes cover behind the cars.
I take a deep breath and start walking towards the house. The door opens and I walk in, seeing Daniel, Corbyn, an older male around his fifty's, and a lovely family with two kids.

"Y/n, what a stunt you pulled earlier."
I narrow my eyes at him, "I'm here. Let everyone go."
"Ah, it's not that simple," he says. "Now we're on the radar of the cops, and I expect you to be our negotiator."

Okay, a stump in the road.
No worries, we can get through still.
"What do you want to negotiate?" I bluntly say.
He looks out the window, "I want a way out. I will let everyone go if we get to leave without them on our tail."
I nod, trying to show no emotion.
I go back outside to let the captain know.
"There's two kids in there, their parents, a middle aged man and my friends."
"Okay. Why'd you come outside?"

I sigh, "He won't let them go unless you let us leave with no one trailing us."
"He's negotiating a way out?"
I nod.
He also nods, "Tell him it's a deal."
I go back inside and shut the door.
"He said it's a deal. Now let them go."

I see Daniel and Corbyn shaking their heads, and I slightly nod my head at them without it being noticeable.
He points a gun at everyone to get up, and they follow.
He opens the door and makes them leave.
I sigh out of relief when there's no more hostages, but yelp in pain as my dad grips the back of my neck and leads me to the garage.

"Get in," he directs, and I get in the back seat.
I fiddle with my ear, "We're leaving already?"
"We're getting the hell out of here."
My mom and brother enter the car, and the garage opens.
He drives out, and a deal is a deal.
They let him drive off, and I look back and see them fade away in the background.