Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A semi screeched past Farrah and she cringed at the loud noise and gust of wind.

"Where are we?" she asked Cas.

"Iowa. He heard about you last month and contacted me. I have been waiting to tell you."

They started walking into town and Farrah excitedly squeezed his hand. He smiled slightly, feeling her hand warm in his own, and hoped that some day he might be able to express to her how much he cared for her. He hoped even more that she would feel the same.

"What's his name?"

"Philip. He is devoted to the rights of the humans and accepts everyone, so there is no need to worry about any of your friends meeting their demise by his hands."

"I wasn't. I know you'll keep me and anyone I care about safe." She winked and continued on, dragging him behind her by his hand. With a slight tilt of his head, Cas started to wonder if she was teasing him.

Coming up on a brick house, Cas knocked on the wooden door. "He lives here."

"Nice place," she smiled. It looked old, like colonial or Civil War age old. It was probably due to the brick that it still looked brand new though.

The door opened, exposing a man no older than Farrah. "Hello, Castiel. Who is this?"

"Philip, this is Farrah, the only other lycan in existence."

He smiled at her, a kind smile that made her instantly like him. His brown hair hung low on his forehead, almost covering his eyes, which were a deep blue. He wasn't quite as tall as Dean, but still quite tall.

"Please, come in. It's nice to finally meet you, Farrah." He took her hand and kissed the back of it. When Cas let out a very strangled-sounding breath, she looked over, but he put his arm around her waist and she grinned.

She was not completely oblivious to his feelings, knowing that he cared for her at least as Dean did. The only part she wasn't aware of was his love.

"You too."

He took a seat in a quaint living room and gestured for them to do the same. "So, I assume you are not here for a social visit. Not many people are. What can I do for you?"

Cas said through their mind link, This is your visit. Ask what you like.

She smiled. "My dad and I were talking a few minutes ago; do you know if there's any weapon that can actually kill us?"

"Cursed angel blades come close," he said immediately, like he'd been preparing for the question. "But only the Colt gun can actually kill a lycan. Not even old age claims us."

"What do you mean?"

"You can choose when you stop aging. I was born in 1572, and I chose twenty-five." He smiled at a distant memory.

"Why twenty-five?"

"I can show you. Excuse me." He walked out and they heard a muffled conversation before a woman, who looked about twenty-three, walked out with him. The light caught a wedding band and Farrah grinned.

"You married," she said. He nodded.

"Yes. This is Esther, an angel."

Esther smiled. "I've heard a lot about you, Farrah."

"All good, I hope," she chuckled, even though it was probably all bad.

"Some. But I ignored anything that wasn't. All the angels think you got stuck in purgatory."

"I was for a while. Castiel helped me get out."

Philip nodded. "I tried to avoid purgatory, and I've only gone to hell once. It disturbed me."

Once? Farrah's chest tightened. And it disturbed him-why did she like it?

He continued, "It's okay though. I guess a small part of me is a demon, so in a way it was-Farrah!"

Philip noticed before Cas that she was getting pale. Farrah took a deep breath as her hands and feet started to get cold and closed her eyes. When she passed out, she didn't fall, but just slumped down onto Cas.

"What just happened?" Philip asked.

"She does this often. Whenever something overwhelms her or she becomes stressed, she tends to faint. There is nothing wrong."

Gently he laid her down and brushed her hair from her face. Esther smiled at him. "You love her, don't you, Castiel?"

"Yes." There was no reason for him to lie to his sister. After lightly pressing a kiss to Farrah's forehead, he stood. "If you don't mind, I think it best for Farrah to rest here."

"Of course we don't mind!" Esther smiled. "Philip, why don't you and Castiel see what you can do for our garden outside? I'll keep Farrah company."