Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Rubbing her wrist anxiously, Farrah looked around. "Are you guys sure about this?"

"Of course. You're completely safe, Farrah," Sam said as he finished the devil's trap.

The mark she hadn't previously known about burned now; it was a C shaped scar carved into her wrist. Her mother had told her it was because she fell and cut herself as a child.

Dean started getting out things for summoning him and she sighed. "Don't do that."

"Why not?"

"He already knows I'm here. Just wait." She grabbed Cas' hand and took a deep breath. "Crowley!"

Almost immediately he appeared, in the center of the devil's trap. "Could've been a bit more personal with that, Farrah."

Sam stepped inside the circle and dug through his pockets; Crowley let him. After grabbing the charm, Sam stepped out and held it in his hand.

"What are you expecting to happen now?" Crowley asked.

Farrah took a small step forward. "You will leave me alone, Crowley. Never touch me or my family again. You will never send any demon after me. Do you understand?"

"Sure do. Just one thing. If you don't come with me, Farrah, it'll kill you. You know that, don't you?"

Now she was mad. Stepping away from Cas, she hissed to the boys, "Close your eyes.

"I AM A LYCAN. I AM NOT YOUR SLAVE." Her eyes burned neon blue and her voice blew out the windows as lightning flashed to show her long full wings. "YOU ARE A MERE DEMON! DO NOT DARE TO TRY TO UNDERMINE ME! I AM YOUR RULER, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!" Spinning on her heel, Farrah stalked out of the building and dragged the others out with her.

~

No one spoke about Farrah's clear anger issues, nor that they now had Crowley off their tail. They just moved on. Well, except Cas. Using different terms, he would often think that Farrah was sexy when she was mad, and that her wings were gorgeous.

Two days later, Cas stood before Dean with a small box in his hand. "You want what?"

The angel repeated his request, and Dean hesitated, only to digest the information, not because he was against it. "You're sure?"

"Yes. I wouldn't ask otherwise."

He nodded slowly. "Okay. Then yes, Cas. Of course."

With a big smile on his face, Cas left to find Farrah. Dean chuckled after him and thought to himself, "Good luck, kid. You're gonna need it."

Farrah, are you busy?

No. She smiled and put down her book when he walked into the library. What's up?

Can you come with me? I want to show you something.

Of course. She stood up and walked over to him, taking his hand. "Where are we going?"

He didn't answer, just flew them both away, to a place Farrah couldn't put a name to. It wasn't in America, but it was on earth, she knew that.

"This place has been named Angel Falls by the humans," Cas said.

Farrah just stared. The waterfall was gorgeous. So tall, and the water was crystal clear. She'd once seen Niagara Falls, but this was so much better. This was magnificent. It was wider, clearer, taller, and the sun shined perfectly on it, creating a rainbow in the spray.

"Castiel, this is beautiful," she gushed.

"I made it many years ago. It was regarded one of the greatest achievements of any angel."

"Wow." That was all she could say. There was nothing more to be said; just staring at it, watching the water pour over the edge in a torrent.

Soon Farrah dragged him around to the side, where she knelt and stuck her hand in. Like silk, the water flowed through and around her fingers, softly caressing them with a small chill.

"For many years I thought it was the most beautiful thing in heaven or on earth," he continued. She looked up.

"Of all the things I've seen, it is."

He smiled. "Thank you. But recently, I discovered something even more beautiful. It has an underlying beauty and strength that makes it more exhilarating, strong, and fearsome than even Angel Falls."

"It sounds amazing." She moved to the very edge of the falls and watched them.

"She is. She loves everyone and everything in a way that I've never witnessed. Even when they don't deserve it. She protects the people she loves, no matter the cost to herself." He brushed his hand over a section of the flowing water and she looked, finding it was herself at sixteen, in the diner. Janice was being lazy, and she just rolled her eyes and took over.

A blush sprouted on her cheeks at the confirmation that it was her Cas spoke of.

While she was watching, he had retrieved from his pocket the same box he'd held during his talk with Dean. "Farrah," she looked up at him. "I love you."

"I love you too, Castiel." Her smile was so genuine, so big, that it made his heart swell.

"Farrah Winchester," he kneeled in front of her, "will you marry me?"