Accidental Not One Shot 2

Part 2

Castiel was waiting outside the motel when they arrived, his head drooped in a defeated way, his eyes dark like Dean hadn't seen them since before Gabriel was born. When he saw his kids, he lifted his head, but the ghostly look in his eyes didn't vanish. 

"I'm sorry I'm pulling you two into this," he said to them, and Mary gave him a tight hug.

"Don't apologize," Gabriel said, sticking his hands into his pockets to indicate he wasn't going to touch anyone right then. "Wouldn't dream of being left out."

"Come inside."

"Yeah, we'll join in a second," Dean said, catching Castiel's arm. Gabriel sighed, but walked in with his sister. "Cas, what happened? And why'd you call him instead of us?"

"No offense, Dean, but you aren't exactly as strong as you once were. I didn't want you to get hurt." His tone was impatient. They didn't have time to talk about this. Farrah didn't have time.

Dean rolled his eyes. Sam shrugged. "He's right, Dean. We're good for research, making bullets, and loading magazines. Not being out in the field. Gabe and Mary are strong, quick, and pretty tough."

"Yeah, not tough enough. They've had a pretty soft upbringing."

Sam and Cas rolled their eyes, but they knew better than to argue. Sam changed the subject. "What happened?" 

"I don't know. We were out together, scoping out a house that we thought the prince was living in. I was standing next to her one second, then the next she was gone and wouldn't respond to me. I even called her phone. I don't know where she went." 

Dean sat back against the hood of his car and rubbed his eyes. "The kids are terrified. Why don't you go talk to them and Sam and I will work on tracking her phone." 

Cas nodded and the three of them walked in. Gabriel and Mary were looking through everything on the table and bed, trying to get caught up on what was going on. "Dad?" Mary said. Castiel opened his arms for her; she was even more scared for her mom now that she was seeing everyone who had died by the hands of the prince of hell.

"Farrah is okay," he said, resting his chin on her head. "She's not hurt. We'll get to her soon."

"If she just vanished, then what if you do too?"

Cas stepped back and put his hand on her cheek, lifting her head up so she would look at him in the eyes. "I am not going to leave you. I promise you."

She nodded and glanced over at Gabriel, who wasn't looking at her, but they were obviously talking. "Okay. I'm good. Ready to go. Gabe?"

"I'm good. What's next?" 

In less than an hour, after a quick briefing on what wasn't on paper, they all headed out to the place where Farrah had disappeared from. Castiel kept glancing toward his kids, worried that the same thing would happen to them. If he had any other choice he would never have called Gabriel. 

"Keep your cell phones on, and if you get separated, call someone immediately. We need to know where you are at all times," Sam said. The kids nodded. It was rare for them to get out on something anymore important than a poltergeist, so to be involved in this...they were prepared to take orders and obey like soldiers.

They pulled up to the house. "Stay with me," Castiel said to Mary. "You two keep an eye on Gabriel." He took her hand and pulled her out of the car. 

"Dad," she said, squeezing his hand. 

Yes, Mary?

Were you holding Mom's hand when she disappeared?

He sighed. No, I wasn't.