Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Farrah held one knife in each hand, her eyes darting around wildly.

She tried to leave, but she almost couldn't. The supernatural sides of her were together stronger than the human, making it impossible for her to leave.

She was backed up against a lake. Easy enough to get away should anything attack her. And plenty had. Vampires, werewolves, skin walkers, demons.

A tear dripped down her face. No one could come get her. She didn't have Crowley or Castiel to save her from hell or heaven, nor Sam or Dean to get her away from the fear she was feeling. She had no one here.

"Farrah!" Cas shouted, searching for her. It was the first time he was upset that angels couldn't see her.

He walked through a forest, and a lake was just visible on the horizon. "Farrah!" She was smart; she would've gotten to the lake and stayed there, because she would need to drink water.

There was a figure standing at the edge of the lake. It appeared distraught, the way its shoulders were slumped and its bag was on the ground like it had just fallen off.

"Farrah!" he shouted again.

Farrah's head snapped over and she grabbed her angel blade close. She couldn't tell who it was yet, so kept her demon blade hidden behind her back.

When the figure became clear, tears started to fall from her eyes. "Castiel!" She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him close.

"Are you alright, Farrah?" he asked. "You do not usually cry."

She chuckled and backed up. "I'm just scared, and I thought I was alone. How did you get here?"

"I stabbed myself with an angel blade."

Her jaw dropped. "What? Why?"

"Because Sam, Dean, and I were worried about you, and I knew where I would end up should I do so."

"You can get out, right?"

"I believe so. Dean took someone out with him, and I am aware of how it was done."

She nodded and put one of the blades back to grab his hand. "Where are we going now? I can't get out by flying, which you guys probably knew, so how am I, how are we, going to get out of here?"

"There is a part of you that is still human. You must rely completely on that part while we are here and a portal will open."

She nodded. "Got it. No more flying, compelling, or anything else."

"Act as if you were human."

"Understood."

~

Three days passed. Sam and Dean returned to the Men of Letters building that they had made their home, and they made sure to keep Farrah's door shut.

"He shouldn't be taking this long, man," Dean said almost a week later.

"It took you a year to find a way out. Just give them some more time."

Sam was researching strange phenomena in the area. Neither wanted to go too far; as soon as Farrah was back, she was going to need rest. They didn't want to be in Texas when she wanted her bed in Kansas. Of course, that wasn't a problem for her, but she would hopefully also want to be with her family.

Dean started to wonder if Cas even found her. If he had, he would've flown them to the portal and gotten them out.

What if someone had killed Farrah? Sure, it's supposed to be nearly impossible, but beheadings are difficult to return from, and there were a lot of machetes down there when Dean was there.

Sam was just as paranoid as Dean, although they both tried to hide it in front of each other. He was terrified of losing Farrah almost as badly as he was of losing Dean.

About a month later, Sam snapped shut his laptop and sighed heavily, leaning back to rub his eyes. "What?" Dean asked as he made coffee.

"You know exactly what it is. Dean, we're both worried about her. What's going to happen if she doesn't come back?"

"I don't know." He had tried not to think like that, but a few things had popped up. They'd search for a way to get her out, they'd probably fail, and then they'd grieve and move on. It was easier said than done.

Whenever Dean thought about losing Farrah forever, he felt dead inside. Even more so when he realized it was his fault. If he had just said no, she would still be here.

Within the next month the coffee pot started to go to waste. Sure Sam used it every now and again, but not with the consistency that Dean had. And now he was back to drinking beer. He didn't want to see what would become of them without Farrah. She'd been such an...an inspiration to both of them.

Without even knowing it, she'd healed Dean from his years upon years of anger, hatred, and sadness. The grief he felt from all of his friends and family dying was gone when she smiled.

With her gone all of that came crashing back, and he tried desperately not to let it. But his efforts proved futile.

Sam started to get cranky. He would avoid Dean, wanting to stay there only because it was the first real home he'd ever had. His fruitless searches were starting to get to him.

There was nothing. No lore, no rumors, on how to get a human to purgatory. Or how to get a lycan out.