Chapter 14

Chapter 14

When Farrah's forgotten cell phone rang in the motel room, Cas saw and picked it up. "Farrah, may I-"

"Go ahead. What's mine is yours." She smiled at him and emptied her pockets onto her bed to get changed.

He clicked the answer button and held the device to his ear. "So you don't pick up for the boys, but you will for me?" Bobby said through the line.

"This is not Farrah."

"Cas? You know where she is and you ain't tellin'? Those boys are like lost puppies not knowing where she is!"

"She told me only on the condition that I kept it a secret."

"Fine, fine. Just hand it over to her, will ya?"

"She is not available at the moment." He glanced over and saw her bare back, so flushed and turned away. Because Garth was in the bathroom, she had decided to change in the main room.

"Alright. Fine. Just stay there. We'll all feel a little better if we know you're there."

"Farrah is more than capable of protecting herself, and the hunter she is with seems to be just as protective of her as any hunter would be."

"Any hunter not wanting to blow her brains out, you mean."

Cas sighed; he'd forgotten that she was in constant danger from other hunters. "Yes, of course."

"The hunter knows what she is, right?"

"Yes."

"And you trust him not to blab on her or kill her?"

"Of course."

Farrah's eyes narrowed and she stepped closer to Cas. Before he could answer Bobby's next question, she snatched the phone away. "Sorry. I won't be helping you pinpoint my location."

"Too late."

He hung up and Garth's phone rang. Farrah dashed for it and grabbed it. "Not getting it from him either."

Bobby hung up again and looked at the boys. Dean wanted him to stop, and seemed almost relieved when he didn't have an answer. "Why don't you wanna find her? Thought you loved the girl."

Dean forced a grimace. "Maybe I did, but after a year and then hearing what she did, not anymore."

Sam grabbed his arm and dragged him outside. "Get in the car."

"Sam!"

"Get. In. The car." Sam yanked open the driver's door to the Impala and climbed inside, waiting on Dean.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see when we get there."

~

"Who is it you seek?"

Sam sighed and let Dean deal with the guy. "We are royals from neighboring kingdoms. We come seeking audience with your queen."

Dressed as a knight, the cosplayer let them pass and directed them in the direction of the queen's tent.

"My queen," said Dean, bowing slightly. Queen Charlie of Moondoor smiled at them.

"Greetings. I invite you inside, my fellow warriors."

They dismissed themselves from the crowd and walked into her personal tent. "Alright. Spill, guys," she said, crossing her arms. "What'd you do to Farrah?"

"That's actually not why we're here," Sam said.

"Why are we here?" Dean asked.

"We're here because you drove Farrah off," Charlie sent him a distasteful look, "and won't let us even look for her. I figured if anyone could get you to spill your guts, it'd be Charlie."

Dean rolled his eyes, even while another pang of hurt hit him.

Charlie nodded. "Got it. Sam, go keep the peasants busy. I'll send someone to retrieve you when I crack him. Dean, sit."