Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Farrah stumbled from a stabbing pain in her stomach, but looked up at the skin walker and slashed it with a silver blade, sending it screaming away.

Groaning at the blood, Farrah pressed gently to keep pressure on it. "Stupid animal."

Before she had a chance to do anything more, it was back and she returned to her fighting stance. "I'm about to send you to purgatory."

It growled at her and tried to bring its blood-covered claws back around, but she rolled out of the way and stabbed at it. Miss.

She cursed under her breath. How many of these had she stabbed in the heart over her last year, without being hurt? Why couldn't she do it now?

Cas! She had his help. That was it. She needed a partner. She couldn't do it alone.

But with the amount of blood pouring out of her, he would be in too much pain to fly, even if he knew where she was. The adrenaline kept her up and fighting.

Knowing that he was in a lot of pain, she stood straighter and focused her energy on killing the skin walker.

Well, that earned her a scratch on her forehead and a gash on her leg. Luckily she escaped without any bites.

Farrah, Sam prayed, please hang on. We're on our way.

She chuckled. Oh, those boys. She would fix herself up so she wasn't even sore and be gone before they even crossed the state line.

Two minutes later, Farrah was wiping herself clean of blood and her clothes were putting themselves neatly into her bag. All of the blood stained ones got burned, so that nothing could track her. After a quick shower, she picked up the duffel and checked out.

Where to go...she smiled and decided on St. Augustine, Florida. There had to be something around there; it was too old a town to have no rumors. Besides, she wanted to see the Castillo de San Marcos.

Sitting up unexpectedly, Cas looked at Dean. "She is gone."

"Gone?"

"She left. She healed herself and left the city. I don't know where she is."

Dean stopped the car so suddenly the angel almost flew through the windshield. No one spoke; Sam and Cas were afraid to even move, lest Dean just snap.

He didn't speak. He just flung the car door open and got out. On the empty road, it didn't matter that they were in the middle, or that he was walking straight down the road with no destination in sight.

"Dean!" Sam shouted at him. "Where are you going?"

"I'm getting away from here," he growled back. "Just stay there."

Farrah had been watching, as she often did, to ease the ache in her heart. But it didn't help. No, it just made it harder. She reasoned against her fight to stop with knowing that she needed to be there for them if anything was to happen and they couldn't or wouldn't reach her.

Was this freedom? Because it felt like a prison. There was no purpose. Only fear, faith, and love. With her family, Farrah was terrified to bring pain upon them again, and so left. But alone...moving out was always supposed to be the ultimate freedom a kid could have. But Farrah's was nothing but heartache and despair.

Who knew the price of freedom could be so high.