Chapter 29

Chapter 29

When Farrah returned to earth, more specifically to the bunker, she found Sam and Dean talking animatedly. It hadn't gotten to the point of being an argument yet, so she announced herself to stop it before it did.

"Where have you been?" Dean asked.

"In heaven." She sighed. It was very pure, very...not hell. It was what she needed. "Thought you knew that."

"Yeah, well you left a while ago."

She walked over to the sink and filled a glass with water. Keeping her back turned, she took a deep breath before asking, "How'd the leviathan hunt go? You both seem in perfect health."

"Went okay."

She turned around. "Sam? You haven't said anything yet. Are you alright? Something seems off."

He seemed surprised at her question. "Yeah, uh. I'm fine. A little tired, that's all." Farrah frowned and looked at Dean, who gave her a once over and turned away. What? Was she the problem?

"Are you guys sure being around me doesn't make you uncomfortable?" she asked.

"No. Why would it?" Dean said.

"I dunno. But you're acting strange. Just thought I'd ask."

The brothers exchanged a look. "Okay. I am the problem. What's wrong? Did me going to heaven offend you guys somehow?"

"No," Sam said immediately. "No, it didn't offend us at all."

"Okay, so what's the problem?"

Dean grabbed his beer. "This is for you and Sammy to talk about. I'll go get some shut eye."

Confused and a little hurt, Farrah walked over to the table and sat across from him. "Uncle Sam? Did I do something wrong?" she asked in a small voice.

"No, you haven't done anything wrong, Farrah. I'm just...concerned about you. Ever since Crowley...you've been acting weird."

She sighed. She knew exactly what he was talking about. But maybe she didn't have to answer. "Well, you guys were less than helpful."

"That's just it. I don't think it has anything to do with me or Dean."

She bit her lip. "Uncle Sam, I promise I'm okay. Okay? It's just something I have to work through. Don't worry. I'm fine."

As Farrah started to stand up, Sam said, "Please, Farrah. I know we messed up, but I'm asking, begging, you to open up to me."

"Why should I?" she asked angrily, and her mood swing almost gave him whiplash. "Neither of you actually care about me! It's a miracle Cas even thinks he does!" She took a deep breath. "I know what I am, and it's okay. Honestly. So leave me alone, Sam. I don't need more on my plate."

Sam stood over her and blocked her way out. "Move." After a second's hesitation, she added, "Please."

"What do you think you are?" he asked.

With tears shining in her eyes, she met her uncle's angrily. "I am a monster, born to destroy my home and the home of the only beings that can bring light to our world. I am Crowley's daughter, someone who shouldn't even be near heaven, who destroys everything. Everywhere I go I leave a trail of bodies; people I shouldn't be killing because they have done nothing to me. So what a few demons and angels attacked me-I've been killing any who have come near me! They don't even have the power to kill me! And with every angel, every demon I kill, I kill a human too. An innocent person who probably had no idea what was going on. Tell me, Sam, how does that make me any better than Crowley? Tell me how I'm not a monster."

He was speechless, but knew he had to say something. Anything. "You're not. Farrah, you are not a monster. I don't care about what you've done or who your parents are. You're family, and I promise-"

"Don't," she whispered harshly, her voice thick. "Don't you dare promise me a single thing. You and I both know that if Crowley wasn't lying, one day I'm going to snap. I'm going to go to hell and never come back. Or if I do, I'm going to come back to kill everything and everyone in hell's path. I am their weapon. So don't promise me something you can't keep."

"You won't snap," he tried to insist. "Farrah, you're a strong girl, and you love people too much to do anything bad to them purposefully. So quit putting yourself down and just trust that Dean and I, we'll do anything for you. Cas too."

She closed her eyes. "Please, Sam, just let me go."

And he knew she wasn't talking about leaving the room.