Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Farrah shook her head. "Leviathans. Not big on my to-do list."

"Not big on your..." Sam sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Farrah, come on."

"Look, we aren't even sure if it is leviathans, and Castiel needs my help," she urged.

Sam looked at Dean, who was packing up the cleaning solution they needed. "Dean, help me out here."

"The girl's already done her part. If she wants to sit around here while we gank some of purgatory's finest, I'm not gonna stop her."

Farrah smiled as Sam gave up and they left. As soon as the door closed, Castiel appeared. "Farrah, are you sure you want to do this?"

"Sure. I feel useless just sitting around here. Besides, they don't have to know who I am. Anna already met me as Tabitha."

He nodded. "Be careful."

"Always." She stood and clasped her hand in his. Together, they flew to heaven.

~

As calming and peaceful as heaven could be, it still made Farrah jittery to be so close to so many angels.

Anna was the first to approach her after their arrival. "Anna is my second-in-command. She is very trustworthy," said Cas.

"Tabitha, right? It's so nice to see you again." Anna smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm getting along famously, thank you. Castiel just wanted to show me what was going on. He decided it was time for me to start understanding the politics of heaven."

"That's good. He has a meeting to attend, let me introduce you to some other angels."

Cas looked at Farrah for confirmation that it was alright. I can get them to allow you into the meeting with me.

No, go ahead. I trust Anna.

The three split apart as Anna nearly dragged her away, but they didn't separate completely before Castiel and Farrah glanced at each other one more time. Farrah simply winked. And then they were gone. Castiel hoped that Anna would protect her; he didn't want to be the reason she died.

Then he walked toward the meeting room with a small smile. Die? He needed to stop thinking that. Nothing could kill her. But he was still worried. Until he had been accepted and put in a better standing with the angels than even Esther, she wouldn't be safe.

Time to work toward that goal.

~

"You can't tell me you're not the slightest bit curious about why Farrah would rather go to heaven than help us."

"Nope."

Sam sighed. "Come on, Dean. We both know something's up with her."

Dean shrugged, keeping one hand on the wheel of his car. "I really don't see a thing that's wrong. She's with Cas, Sam. So what?"

"So, she's tired. Can't you at least see that? She's not getting enough sleep, drinking enough water, and she's closed up. Farrah avoids us like the plague! Have you ever stopped to think about why?"

"No, because I know why. Cas stood up for her, while we just stood there and let the king of hell demolish her," he spat angrily.

Sam sighed. "Yeah, I know."

"Then why does this confuse you?"

"I don't know. Just...there's something else. I know it. There's a reason she was so anxious to go to heaven, and honestly, I'm not sure it had anything to do with us."