Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Waking up in her bed was something Farrah didn't expect. The next surprise was that someone was cuddled against her side. No, wait, she was cuddled against his side.

"Angels don't sleep, Castiel," she snickered softy, looking at his closed eyes and feeling his even breaths. His eyes snapped open and he looked down at her.

"No, but the sensation of sitting in silence with the one you love is just as good."

She chuckled and sat up. "What time is it?"

"You were asleep for almost twelve hours. It is six in the morning."

"Wow. Twelve hours of sleep with no nightmares. That is very refreshing. Well, time for my run."

As she got to her feet, Cas grabbed her hand. "Dean will not be pleased if he wakes up while you're gone."

She smiled. "That's why I'm going now. You can tell him where I am if I'm not back when he gets up."

"No. He wouldn't like it if I let you go alone either."

"What, you wanna run with me?" She grabbed a handful of clothes and walked toward the bathroom. "I'll have my phone on me and you can talk to me, remember? If I feel, see, hear, or smell anything out of the ordinary, I'll fly back here. Promise. And I'll be gone twenty minutes tops."

He started to nod, but just then Sam knocked on the door and peeked in. "Farrah, good, you're up. I was about to go for a run, so you know where I am."

"Uh, actually, could I come with?"

He beamed. "Sure! Get ready and meet me outside."

~

For the first time in months, Farrah felt like she could breathe.

After a ten-mile run, that was gone. She burst back into the bunker laughing. "Ha! Beat-you! Dean! I-I beat-Sam. We raced, and-and I, I beat him there and back."

Sam chuckled and straightened from a crouch, where he was trying to catch his breath. "I'm older than you. It wasn't even fair."

"Yeah, yeah." From the fridge she pulled out a two water bottles and tossed one at her uncle.

"I'm going to shower," he grumbled as he walked out. Farrah chuckled and sucked down half the bottle as she sat down across a table from Dean.

"Why do you keep doing that-calling me Dean?" he asked.

She shrugged. "It's your name, isn't it? Should I call you Leanne?"

He shook his head, amused with her humor. "That's not what I meant. When'd you quit calling me Dad?"

"Oh. Uh, I figured you were still a little upset at me and didn't want me to."

"Well I do. And while we're on this topic, Sam told me he likes when you call him Sammy."

She smiled. "Will do. I'll be off for my own shower then, so we can get going on planning on how to get inside and kill Roman."

He nodded. He was still tired, and not awake enough to fight yet. Besides, maybe it was time for him to start allowing her some say, since she always shoved her way into it eventually anyway.