Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Come on, Dad. I'm totally safe."

Dean Winchester grimaced at his eighteen-year-old daughter Farrah, who happened to be a lycan: a third demon, a third angel, and a third human, but from a powerful bloodline. "I said no."

"Dad, that was like two years ago! Why won't you let me go?"

What Farrah was referring to was the angel that had stabbed her with a cursed angel blade. It had very nearly killed her, but the demon part of her fought against it and revived her.

Dean didn't respond, so she looked at her uncle, Sam. He held up his hands. "I'm not getting in the middle of this."

She narrowed her eyes at him and the pages in the book he was reading flipped around, making him lose his spot.

"Farrah!"

"Yeah, yeah. Dad, please let me go. They probably don't even know about me yet."

She was currently trying to get to purgatory. She'd never seen it before, and she prided herself on knowing everything she could about her world.

Dean was the only one to spend time in purgatory, and he was very obviously worried that she'd get stuck.

He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "You go. You spend an hour. Maybe two. You come back."

"Thank you!" She smiled and grabbed him in a hug. "Thank you, Dad! I'll take an angel blade and the demon dagger and I promise I'll be back in a couple hours."

"Yeah. Just be careful, okay?"

"Duh."

After sticking the knives in her bag and grabbing the top strap, she was gone.

Sam chuckled and shook his head. "You're going soft, Dean."

"You've always been soft," he barked.

"Fine, fine. What're we doing?"

"Vampires. Probably best for Farrah to have left; they're nasty."

For a few hours it was just like old times. Sam and Dean Winchester, hunting. But after three hours, Dean started to get distracted and distant. Sam started to notice almost immediately.

"Dean, what's up? You're not acting normal."

"Farrah."

Sam sighed. He was a bit worried too, but knew she was more than capable of surviving and getting back. "She's smart, she's quick, and she can command every being in nature. I'm sure she just lost track of time."

"Yeah," said Dean slowly as he sat back. "Yeah, that must be it."

They kept researching and eventually left to find its hideout in the woods of North Dakota. Five hours passed.

Because Dean's mind was on purgatory, being in the woods was making his mind revert to that year a while back. When Castiel appeared, it made him feel even more like he was there, but then there was Sam. So he felt better.

"Where is Farrah?" Cas asked.

"Purgatory," replied Sam. His eyes widened and he took a step back.

"She didn't die, Cas, she just left to visit." Dean shook his head and kept walking.

"How long ago was that?"

"Seven hours, and she said she'd only go for two."

He frowned. "She may be in danger. Do you wish for me to find her?"

The Winchesters stopped and turned around to face him. "You want to stab yourself?"

"I am not in favor of how to do it, but yes, I am willing if Farrah is in danger."

Dean looked away, heavily considering it. Sam was too, and he voiced his opinion on it almost fifteen minutes later. "She can bring you back, right?"

"Yes, just as Dean did with Benjamin."

"She knows how to do it?" Sam asked.

"She may not, but I do."

In unison the brothers nodded. "Okay then. But I'm not stabbing you," Dean said. Sam agreed. They'd have to find someone else to do it. Castiel took out his dagger.

"That isn't necessary. I am capable of doing it myself."

Then he turned the dagger in his hand and plunged it into his heart. Bright light spilled across the horizon, blinding the boys. But it was only for a few seconds, because then Cas fell lifelessly to the ground.