3

3

Mary had a flash of fear hit her in the heart. One second she was standing in a well lit room, holding her dad's hand, surrounded by everyone except her mom. Now she was alone in the dark, the only thing she could see, the four walls on her sides. She fell and scrambled back against the wall into a corner.

"Gabe," she whimpered, looking around. "Dad?"

"Mary?" That was Farrah's voice. Mary saw her stand up and rush over. "Hey, hey. Mary." She raised her hand and brushed it over her daughter's cheek. "What are you doing here?"

"Dad called us," she said, her voice stronger. Her mom was okay. The relief was overwhelming, and gave her hope that maybe she would be too, and they'd get out. "He called Gabe for help when you went missing. Grandpa and Uncle Sam came with us."

"He brought you into this?" She sighed and shook her head. "I told him not to."

"What?" Mary frowned.

"I've been talking to Dad. I don't know where I am, so I haven't been able to - " 

"What?" she said again. "Mom, Dad's hysterical because he hasn't been able to talk to you. And I can't feel Gabe either." She stood up and patted her pockets. "I don't have the blade on me anymore. No signal either."

"Yeah, neither do I." Farrah smiled sadly. "There's a window, but it's at ground level and there's tall grass right outside, so that's useless."

"Maybe not." Mary reached her hand out a small slit at the roof of the room and put her hand on the ground. "Fescue. Clay. Mom."

Farrah reached out too, and nodded. "I see what you're doing. But how will we get it all the way to them? We don't know what direction to go or how far."

"Clay is a really good magic conductor though, and fescue loves to gossip." Mary smiled. "Here, help me up." She stood in her mom's hands and put her head to the slit. "Gabriel Samuel Winchester, find me. Follow the wake." The wind started to blow, carrying her words with it, and she got back down. 

"Ready?" Farrah asked. Mary nodded and took her hands. Just because her magic tended toward giving life didn't mean she couldn't take it just as easily.

All the grass within a hundred miles withered away and faded into ash. All except the fescue. It sent out shoots for miles, all of which carried her message, and all of which was still alive. If they were anywhere near their boys, they would be found.

~

The house wasn't doing anything for them except taking their loved ones, so the Winchesters left, taking Crowley with them. The spell didn't do anything. Which meant Farrah was bound to wherever she was.

Gabriel was mad at himself, and threw the laptop into the backseat of the impala before kicking the tire. "I should be able to find her! I'm her brother for crying out loud!"

"Gabriel," Cas said gently, reaching out.

"Don't touch me," he warned, holding his hand up.

Castiel dropped his hand. "Don't blame yourself for any of this. I was the one with them."

Crowley sighed. "Have any of you tried looking at who was taken?" They just stared at him.

Sam said, "The fact that it was just the girls? Yeah, we've realized."

"Alright, then why was it them? There's got to be a reason that none of you were taken." 

"Thanks, Sherlock." Dean scoffed. "We aren't even entirely sure what took them, much less why."