Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Farrah slept most of their drive back to the bunker, which was slightly concerning to Dean seeing as how it was a twelve hour drive, but during one of the times she was awake, Sam asked her what she found while she was away.

"He was telling the truth. He did have me just for being a weapon, but Rachel hid me, which is why I grew up the way I did. And Rachel checked in on me every now and then; despite being wrong in some of her beliefs, she did love me and protected me until she died.

"Because of my upbringing, I'm more human than anything. Actually, my smallest side is demon, contrary to what I thought before. So, Castiel was right. It's just personality that makes me like hell while Philip doesn't. I'm not a weapon of hell. Oh, and a devil's trap surrounded by holy fire can contain me as easily as either one does a demon or angel."

"Learn that from a book?" Dean asked.

"I wish." She chuckled harshly. "No, uh, Gadreel tracked me down and held me while he was deciding if I was dangerous. It was a long week. But I have another angel friend, so that's good."

"He kept you hostage for a week?" confirmed Cas, who was beneath her legs and was keeping contact with her by laying his hand on her ankle.

"Yeah. But I didn't feel the need to tell anyone since he seemed cool enough, and he didn't even threaten to hurt me or even pull out any weapon. He didn't ask what could kill me, and he didn't ask what could hurt me. He just asked about my past and intentions. Kept me the extra six days just so he could make sure I wasn't lying, which I wasn't."

"Gadreel has done much wrong in his past, but he has redeemed himself," said Cas.

"Yeah, he told me about it. He told me you saved his life too." She smiled. "He's a great guy." At his slightly worried expression, she chuckled. I still love you, Castiel.

His face cleared and he smiled proudly. I'm glad to hear that. After you left, I wasn't so sure.

Of course I do.

"So, back at that house," Dean said, "you easily could've fooled us and left, or lied again. So why'd you first of all make up something about Margret and secondly talk about your dad like he and I were the same person?"

"I think I subconsciously wanted you to figure it out."

"That why you sat on me?"

She shrugged with downcast eyes. "I never got anything like that as a kid. I just wanted to see what it would be like, to be surrounded by family and just acting carefree and having fun."

He nodded. "I can understand that."

"Oh, and I got some intel on the leviathans. Roman is currently surrounding himself with demons because you guys ganked his friends, so it'd be more than simple to get in. There are maybe five leviathans excluding Roman on earth right now, and he's feeding them out to other areas, which means demons are his only defense."

"Fantastic. Sammy and I'll do some more research. You look exhausted. Get some rest, Farrah."

She sighed. "I've slept about as much as you look like you have. Nightmares."

"You sleep better with Cas around anyway," Sam said. "We'll stay quiet." She smiled and nodded.

Instead of just propping her feet up on Cas like she'd been prone to do in the past, Farrah leaned her head on his shoulder and curled her legs on the seat. Instinctively Castiel put his arm around her waist and leaned his head down on hers. Before, this closeness had been for her benefit, to calm her, but right now it was for his benefit. So that he could be absolutely sure she was there.

"You really love her," Sam said after they were sure she was asleep. Cas smiled.

"I do."

Dean had come to accept this by Cas' actions and reactions in the past six months, so looked back at him in the mirror. "Then get a move on."

Cas looked at Sam in confusion, and Sam chuckled. "He means that you should take Farrah on a date or something."

"Why should I do something meant for two people to get to know each other better when we already know nearly everything about each other?"

Sam chuckled. "He has a point, Dean."

"Well I'm talking to Farrah before I even consider allowing anything more than dates."

"What, like marriage?" Sam chuckled.

"Exactly like that. Look, once these leviathans are gone, she doesn't have anything to really be afraid of. No one is actively hunting her, and nothing can kill her. So after Dick is back in purgatory where he belongs, she can settle down and have a normal life."

"Do you think she wants that? She's a legal adult, and she successfully hid from us for six months. She could've gotten out of this. She could've just bought a place or rented an apartment and lived a normal life. But she didn't. She spent that time hunting. She's a hunter, like it or not."