Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Great, you upset her."

Dean glared at his brother. "She brought a leviathan back into our world! How was I supposed to react?"

Sam crossed his arms. "It's not like you haven't done something similar. And the way she told it, she honestly had no choice. It was either live down there forever or bring a leviathan back. And we know how to deal with them now, plus it's only one. She didn't bring back an entire army of them."

When neither spoke again, Castiel stood up. "I will see to Farrah." He left on foot, not wanting to barge into her room while she was upset. He had once before and she'd ordered him out. It was three months before he could even come near their bunker again.

"Farrah, may I come in?" he asked.

"Is Dad with you?"

"No."

The door opened of its own accord and he slipped inside. Farrah was lying facedown on her bed. Turning her head to look at him, she offered a small smile. "Well? What do you think of my decision? Whose side are you on?"

"I believe you made the right choice, although it was not wise."

She turned her head the other way and sighed. "That doesn't make any sense, Cas."

In response he took a step back. Knowing that she was upset, he didn't want to be caught in anything her rage might induce.

"Dad hates me," she said quietly. Cas frowned.

"Dean is upset; he does not hate you."

"Yeah? Then why did he yell? Why did he treat me like a nine-year-old? Why didn't he just listen to me and try to understand? Cas, he doesn't treat me like my age."

"He loves you. He treats Sam as a young boy as well; it is not just you."

"Why doesn't he treat you like that?"

Cas tilted his head, wondering. "Perhaps it is because I am not family. He may only be this protective over family."

She turned her head back to him. "What are you talking about? You're a part of our family."

"Am I?" He seemed genuinely surprised.

Farrah chuckled and sat up to wipe her eyes. "Yes. You have been since before I got here three years ago, Castiel. Couldn't you see that?"

He just frowned. "I will leave you to rest."

Before she could reply, he vanished. She chuckled and changed into pjs.

"Farrah," called Sam from outside door just as she spit out toothpaste. "Can I come in?"

"Sure."

He walked in and smiled at her. "You have no idea how happy I am you're home."

"Me either." She grinned back.

A sudden blast of wind had her spinning to put her back to Sam and reaching for her back, searching to a bag that wasn't there. She started to panic, and when Sam touched her shoulder, she flipped him. While he was still on the ground, she ran into her bedroom and grabbed the knife that was sitting on her bedside table. Turning to face the noise, Farrah nearly impaled Sam.

"Farrah," he breathed, holding up his hands. Tears started fall down her face and she took the knife away from the torn fabric of his shirt.

"I'm sorry," she cried.

"Don't be. Dean was spooked by everything for a while too." She nodded and dropped the knife to her bed, trying to loosen the white-knuckles she had. "You're probably tired. Goodnight, Farrah. If you need anything, you can come get me, okay?"

She knew he was just being considerate, but she couldn't help but to think that he thought that she couldn't handle herself. So she just nodded. He hugged her before leaving.

Sam stood outside the closed door, just staring at his brother, who had been eavesdropping. So that they could talk, the two walked to the main study room.

"She doesn't need you to be mad at her. She's already scared enough as it is," Sam said.

"She brought a leviathan back, Sam. I'm not going to just forgive her for that," hissed Dean with his arms crossed.

"Did you see her earlier? Or Cas? Come on, Dean, they're both worn out. She did what she had to do to come home. That isn't a good enough reason?"

"No."

"You brought Benny back, Dean. How is this any different?"

"Because Benny didn't kill people."

"Yes he did! Before he died and after you brought him back! This leviathan hasn't done anything yet! Who knows what his game is this time-maybe he won't be killing anyone for years!"

"Are you saying that it was right for her to bring that thing back into our world?"

Sam sighed and rolled his eyes. "No. I'm saying that I'd rather have a leviathan to kill and have Farrah than the alternative. Now you can either move on or sulk, but Farrah is going to need your help readjusting to life here."