Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Castiel flashed into Farrah's room; he heard about her spat with Dean and wanted to know how she was reacting.

He found her packing.

"Where are you going?" he asked, worried for her.

"I'm going to stay with Charlie. Apparently I'm not wanted."

"By whom?"

"Dean and Sam." She choked up, saying the cold names. It was like she barely knew them.

"Dean was only angry and worried for you. I'm ashamed to admit I had a similar reaction when I was told of the reason for your argument."

"You wanted me to leave?" she gasped quietly, her eyes wide.

"No. I was upset. I still am, but I assume you have a good reason."

She nodded and paused to mentally prepare herself for another argument. "I have you to help me handle the angels and keep me away from the ones who will recognize me. I just wanted someone like that for the other side. I told her not to tell anyone, and to keep me safe. Please don't be mad at me."

"That is a very good reason, Farrah, and I am not mad anymore. I agree that it is wise to have a guardian besides Crowley."

"Thank you, Castiel." He nodded and she turned back to her bag.

As she continued to push stuff in, he asked, "You are still planning on leaving?"

"Yes. I am leaving." She sighed. "I can't stay here; Sam and Dean don't want me. I told Charlie what was going on and that I was going to leave and she immediately offered me a bed at her place."

"Is Dean aware of this?"

"No, and please don't tell him." She zipped the bag and turned back around with it in her hand. "I don't want them to know where I am. You can say that I'm safe, even that I'm staying with a friend of theirs, but please, Castiel, please don't tell him who."

Reluctantly he nodded. "Very well. Will you tell me the address, so that I may find you?"

Farrah trudged past him to pick up another bag. "I'm sorry, but I can't."

"Farrah-"

"Goodbye, Castiel." She smiled sadly and flew away.

The Charlie card was just to make sure no one really knew where she was. Actually, she'd called Garth. The last time they met he seemed to really like her, and she thought of him as an annoying brother. After she lightly explained the situation, he agreed to lodge her.

But now, as she looked upon the motel, she sighed. Oh well. Let the boys handle the leviathans. She'd gank a few poltergeists in the meantime.

She knocked on the door politely and it took a minute before Garth opened up. When he did, he grinned broadly. "Farrah! I'm so glad you're here!" As was usual with Garth, he gave her a bone-crushing hug before letting her inside. "Welcome to the lair."

"It's nice, as motels go," she said with a smile.

"Why thank you. Read up on why I'm here?"

She nodded and dumped her bags on the unused bed. "Yeah. So, how far have you gotten?"

They spent the rest of the day pouring over articles and the history of the town, and since there wasn't much time left in the day, it wasn't that long. Before she knew it, Farrah was curling up under a thin, worn out sheet and quilt. Sleep came easily, but rest...not so much.

Garth was jostled awake by a cold breeze. "Wha...?" Why was the window open?

As he got up to close it, a sharp point touched the back of his neck and he froze, putting his hands in the air. "Farrah?" he gulped. "Farrah, I'm a friend, remember? Garth?"

But Farrah was twisting and turning in her bed. A nightmare, Garth recognized. The knife was only floating by his head. He smiled. "Oh, Farrah."

Crouching beside Farrah's bed, he gently shook her shoulder. "Garth?" she muttered, sitting up. "Is something wrong?"

"Nope. You were just having a nightmare, that's all. You okay?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Thank you for waking me up." She smiled and rubbed her eyes.

"No problem." He smiled back.