~16~

Warning: Mature Content

-

Song recommendation: I love it by Dean

After Taeyeon left, I walked around the park a bit, enjoying the serenity and peace before deciding to head back inside.

Soon, winter rolled around and it was Christmas Eve. 

I shrugged the snow off of my shoulders and hair as I pulled out the keys to the apartment. 

Going back to the house wasn't as dreadful anymore. The conversation we had somehow worked as therapy for both of us. When I went back home late she would either be sleeping in her room rather than sleeping on the couch and mostly every day, to my surprise, she's sober.

And even in that run-down apartment, slowly I can feel the sense of home sprinkle in.

I entered the house and the voice of the television echoed against the walls. "I'm home!" I called out as a smile appeared on my lips upon realization.

"How was your day?" She asked as she flipped through the news channels "It was fine. Do you remember Taeyeon?" I asked as I grabbed a glass of water "Oh, yes. That girl you always used to hang out with." She said. We do have a lot to catch on to.

"She's a police officer now and she's shifting to Busan." I said as she nodded "Well, at least, you have Kai." She said, well she remembers Kai at least.

She got up from the couch, stretching a bit before walking towards the fridge to grab something. I shifted my attention to the news briefly to see if it's something interesting.

'The brutal murder of the night club owner, Mr. K three months ago, has made police discover that Mr. K was involved not only in illegal drug deals but as well as human trafficking, internationally. Police are working non-stop for trying to find the murderer who-'

Mom quickly rushed in, grabbing the remote and switching off the TV. Her relaxed mood has suddenly changed into a serious one.

"Go to sleep. It's too late." With that, she walked towards her room and slammed her bedroom door shut behind her.

I rolled my eyes but before I could head back into the room, my phone rang, highlighting Minho's name. A smile appeared on my lips without my notice as I picked his call up.

"Hey," I spoke through.

"Hi, Tae." His soft voice spoke in through the speaker. "What's up?" I asked and there was a brief moment of silence before he spoke again. "Nothing... Uh..." He trailed off as I waited for him to continue.

"I mean... I was wondering if you wanna have a sleepover and play games or watch movies... Like it's Christmas eve and I'm home alone tonight so thought a company would be nice." A smirk appeared on my lips at the thought of being alone with him at home but I shook my head, trying to make the thoughts go away. I should stop being so thirsty at times.

"Yeah, sure. Do you want to invite Kai, too?" I asked and a sudden 'no' blared out the speaker which took me by surprise.

"No, I mean... It's your wish. You can call him, too." He said in a low voice, making me want to chuckle "I guess he said he was busy, though. I'll come over."

"Okay." His voice was back to cheery as I kept the call.

You have to control yourself, Taemin. You're just going there to watch movies and play games. Nothing else. I repeated this over and over again as I made my way towards Minho's house.