~21~

Minho's POV

After that day, my life changed for the better. It was as if I had gotten a new beginning. A new chapter in my life began.

We graduated and my parents rented us a small apartment for me and Taemin to move into and I was more than glad that Taemin could leave that dry and miserable house and especially that neighborhood. We got a pet kitten and two small puppies which were gifted to us by Kibum.

We also decided to start working part-time to save up for university because we didn't want my parents to take all our expenses. And for me, I planned on saving for something else other than the fees as well.

Which I succeeded in.

I stood in front of the glass window as the door opened, revealing Taemin's mom. It has been a year since she has been convicted and I know Taemin has been visiting her once in a while even though at first he was too stubborn to. I wanted to meet her once as well.

She glanced at me confused but had a smile on her face, her hair neatly combed and she seemed... Happy.

"And you are-" Before she could finish, I smiled "I'm Minho... Taemin's-"

"Boyfriend." She cut me off mid-sentence as she chuckled, sitting down on the chair. A light tint of blush appeared on my cheek as I placed myself on the chair as well.

"How have you been?" I asked, my anxiety making my head fuzzy now that she knows who I am "Never been better." She commented with a shrug.

"We graduated high school..." I said and she gave an ear-to-ear grin "Yes, Taemin told me. I'm so so proud of you two, you have no idea." She continued, her eyes showing sadness but the smile didn't fade "I wish I could've been there."

We talked for a bit about her and how she's doing different types of activities and how she feels happy and peaceful now. It was good to know that finally, the burden is off of her shoulder.

She also told me about weird habits that Taemin has which I of course knew about but it was nonetheless fun listening from his Mom. I can't wait to tell this you Taemin.

And with that, I was reminded of why I was actually here.

"Also," I trailed off as I pulled a small box and flipped it open. It had a ring in it.

"I wanted to ask you something..." I gulped the dryness in my throat.

"Go ahead." Her warming smile gave me more courage.

"Um..." It felt like my brain pressed delete all of a sudden. I sat up straight as I cleared my throat "I mean... Ma'am-"

Laughter escaped her lips but she tried to control it. "Call me aunt or mom, I don't mind. But don't call me Ma'am" I wanted to physically facepalm myself against the glass in front of me.

"I... Uh...Can I marry your son?" The words quickly left my lips, making her gasped with happiness "Yes, of course." Her eyes glossed over with tears

"But isn't it too soon?"

"Yes, I know but I just want him to be mine. We can get married later." I gulped, maybe it is too early. I shouldn't have said it just yet.

"Minho, that's great..." She trailed off "Please take care of my son and treat him better than I did." She smiled as a tear rolled down her cheek, making tears burn at the back of my eyes as well.

"I will even give up my life for him, Mrs. Lee."

I didn't want to marry him just yet, I just want him to be mine and then we could get married later on. He wanted to pursue being a dance instructor and I wanted to become a doctor. Complete opposite dreams, I know.