~19~

It felt like boulders were placed on my eyelids as I tried to open them, I could hear murmuring around me as I tried to adjust to the blinding white light. My attention got directed towards someone squeezing my hand and my name being called out. I focused on the voice as I tried to make out who it was from the blurred silhouette. 

"Water." I let out a whimper through the thousand thrones I felt in my throat. I could finally see my surroundings clearly to the point that I could figure out that this was a hospital room. 

Minho placed a hand behind my back, helping me get up. The minute our eyes met, the horrible guilt came back to me like an ocean wave. 

I'm such a disappointment. 

Why did I ever think it could work out with someone? 

I disappointed him.

"Are you okay?" Minho asked as I tried to read his expression. It was complex as if he wasn't sure of his feelings either. It made me confused, nonetheless.

"Yeah... I-I think..." I stuttered, caring about myself was the least of my worries at the moment. Was he angry? Was he worried? I didn't know and it was slowly killing me inside.

"Okay." He slammed the cup on the side table and to my surprise- or maybe not-, he turned around, walking away. 

I just sat there dumbfoundedly on the hospital bed, grasping the depth of this situation. I should go follow him and hold on to him. But if I do, what do I even tell him? I lied to him for all these days, how can he even trust me after this? But I just can't let him go just like this. I need to explain myself. 

My head spun as I tried to get up from the bed, but I got up, anyway. I grabbed the IV tube that was connected to my hand and yanked it away, it stunk but I couldn't care less. 

I rushed outside the emergency room, I could hear a woman calling out for me but it was like my brain couldn't register anything but Minho. My head was spinning, this horrible feeling was burning me inside, like the feeling before you want to puke. I can't lose him like this. What if he leaves me? I can't imagine my life without him anymore. He has become my everything and no longer anything matters to me, except him.

"Minho!" I exclaimed at the tall boy who was now exiting out the main door. I quickened my pace, trying to catch up with him. My heart was beating in my chest, my head was pounding. In fact, my whole body ached. 

"Minho, please, stop!" He just kept getting farther and farther away. I collected all the remaining strength in me as I started running. 

Finally, I took in a deep breath as I got right behind him. I placed a hand on his shoulder, stopping him. "Minho..." I whimpered out as I tried to catch my breath. My heart sank a little as he didn't turn around to look at me. "Minho... I'm sorry..." I apologized, hoping he would turn and face me but he didn't. 

"You lied to me... again!" He shouted, making me quiver. He shoved my hand aside and continued walking but I instantly caught up to him. 

I grabbed Minho's hands but he pulled them out of grip. "Listen, I know I screwed up. I didn't have any other choice but to lie to you." I pleaded but his tightened jaw was anything but convincing. "Had no other choice but to lie to me? Nice, get lost." He shoved me aside with his hand and continued walking. 

"I didn't know what else to do!" I cried out, so loud the people walking past us stopped, staring at us. "I needed the money!" I continued and Minho turned around "No other choice? Mine and Kai's family are ready to support you, Taemin." He walked up to me at a quick pace and pointed his finger at my chest "You said you could manage!" He screamed so loud I flinched, my blood drained and my heart hammered erratically. He could be this sweet marshmallow but once he is angry it's scarier than a volcano eruption. "When you said that, I thought you might be getting your life on track! I expected better than this, Taemin!"

Trouvaille ~A 2min fanfic~On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara