~Epilogue~

Song Recommendation: Kind by SHINee 

(This song honestly fits the whole story tbh? idek)

3 years later.

Those 6 months felt like a messed-up dream.

But this felt like a beautiful dream that Minho never wanted to wake up from.

Minho stretched his arms as the alarm blared in the furnished room. His sleepy eyes fell on the man that was fast asleep next to him, making a smile appear on his lips. Minho still couldn't get used to the fact that he made it and was by Taemin's side now. At times, Minho still wakes up in sweats thinking about that day.

They both knew it would take them a lot of time to heal emotionally and for Minho, physically as well. Minho needed extensive physiotherapy for him to get back to normal. But even then he still gets muscle pains, numbness, and whatnot.

Oh, and the time he took his first baby steps, Taemin won't even hide the fact that he cried a river since it was all recorded by Kibum.

Soon after Minho got back on track both of them started University and got back into life. Taemin also started a small dance class called Trouvaille and was getting recognition quicker than expected. Minho still at times believes that it was his fault and says that he can't remove the trauma of that day no matter how hard he tries or how many therapies he goes to. But Taemin knew that time would heal everything.

Eventually, with them trying to put everything back to how it was, three years had already passed by. 

It was an early Saturday morning and every Saturday it's Minho's duty to make breakfast and on Sundays, it's Taemin's. Minho flipped the pancake that his mom taught him how to make and Taemin loved it. So every Saturday, it was pancake day. And even though Taemin wouldn't admit it, he waited the whole week for Saturdays just to eat pancakes made by Minho. 

Taemin stumbled his way from the bedroom and towards Minho who was busy making pancakes in the kitchen and wrapped his arms around the other's waist. Minho knew exactly who it was as Taemin's scent filled up his senses. 

"Good Morning, Sleeping Beauty," Minho smiled as he placed a hand on Taemin's hand while his other hand flipped the pancake. Taemin softly hummed in his neck causing goosebumps to rise on Minho's skin. Even after these many years, Minho still goes weak to Taemin's touch. "Did you sleep well?" Minho asked, turning around to face him as Taemin nodded.

"Did you sleep well, Mr. Husband?" Taemin asked in a cheeky voice as his arms wrapped around Minho's neck and his fingers softly patted his messy hair down. Minho quickly turned back towards the stove, heat rising up in his cheeks when Taemin mentioned him as his husband. "We're not yet married, Mr. Fiance," Minho replied as the shorter boy left a chuckle, continuing to snuggle his head in Minho's neck. "I'm pretty sure you're gonna keep me as your fiance forever at this point."

Minho had proposed to Taemin a little after he woke up. It wasn't anything grand but it was the day they celebrated their 2nd anniversary that they weren't able to before. It was in exactly the same way as Minho had planned before with Taeyeon and Kai.

Taeyeon and Kai had lights and tables in a wooded area along with candles and food and everything you can find in a romance movie. Even though Taemin always teases Minho for his cringe idea, he still secretly loved it. In fact, Minho also forced him to wear a suit because they were going to a 'friends engagement.' 

But as always, things never go as planned. Minho didn't realize the diamond was loose on the ring because he had dropped it that day and when he was about to slip it on Taemin's fingers, the diamond fell into the wine bottle. So yes, it didn't go as planned but Taemin still wears the ring without the diamond on it even though Minho insisted he would get him another one or get it fixed.