~18~

I glared at the man who stood in front of me, glaring back, underestimating my skills, thinking he could take me down because I'm only a mere high schooler. Oh boy, you're so wrong. I smirked, motioning him to begin the fight.

Minho nor Kai had any idea about this deal between Joe and me. I just couldn't tell them because I did not want to burden them any more than I already did. Kai's dad is paying for my school fee while Minho's inviting me or staying at my house every alternate day. Even though he was pretty suspicious about where I was getting enough money to support my daily expenses. Well, to be honest, I just couldn't tell him and make him disappointed in me. That's the last thing I want.

There is blood on my knuckles, but the fight was a complete blur. It wasn't the victory that made me happy but the money I got from knocking down Joe's rivals and enemies so he can dominate over their area.

Heck, I'm not even proud of my fighting skills.

It was a week since Joe had given me this offer and having no other choice, I had to take it.

It was a war, but I was the only warrior. Of course, they were fights I lost but I didn't care about losing. I cared deeply about not getting paid. So, I gave my life on the line to win the fights.

All the debts my mom left behind were on me. The people she scammed off of were ready to just take whatever I had on me. In fact, my daily expenses can be managed by a regular part-time I could've done. These extra burdens my mom left on me are the real deal.

The beaten-up man lay on the floor, coming in and out of consciousness. Joe applauded, emerging from behind me as the other gang leader came forward, anger boiling in his eyes.

"A deal is a deal," Joe said, throwing his hands in the air, and well, one thing in gangs that I love is the fact that they play by the rules. If you make a promise, you do it no matter what. If you make a deal, you go by it, no matter what.

He turned to me, with a satisfactory look on his face as he traced his cold fingers across my cheek, making me shudder "Oh, what would I do without you, my precious boy." I moved away quickly. "Send me the payment as soon as possible." And with that, I was out the door.

As I unlocked and opened the door to the apartment, Minho's smile greeted me. Guilt took over me but a warm sensation spread through my body when I was greeted at home by his lovely presence. I buried the guilt away with a smile. "How was your part-time?" He asked as I plopped down on the couch.

Remembering my bruised knuckles, I shoved them into my pocket. "My mom sent dinner. It's really yummy. Should I set up the table?" He asked with a warm smile and I nodded "I'll just go quickly freshen up."

That's pretty much how every day went.

Every day, I fell deeper for Minho.

Every day, my guilt engulfed me slowly.

The school did end pretty well, besides the weird stares kids and teachers gave probably because of the news. It was a hot topic for a week or something, unfortunately.

Once again, the night rolled in and I was back to my 'part-time'. I made my way with Joe in his black van. "Did you know you're the most feared member of my gang? Everyone's dying to have you under them." Joe said proudly as I left a scoff. I would've been proud of this like 6 months ago. Now, I don't know what I'm even doing. I just feel lost. I feel like a liar.

"You better not leave me because if I'm impressed by you, I might actually make you my right hand." He commented as I glared at him "What about Hyuk?" I asked just to get a laugh from him as he got closer to my ear "I can get rid of him in a snap." He whispered into my ear.