~5~

"So Minho knows what you do now?" Kai sipped on his mango juice as I nodded, sipping on my banana milk "Well he would have been a good friend and a good teammate in League of Legends but oh well" Kai shrugged as we made our way towards our homeroom "It was nice knowing him for a while." 

I settled down on my seat and as usual, the classroom was chaotic but nothing that I bother about. As long as they mind their own business, I mind mine. 

Minho entered through the door, his gaze fixed on the floor as he made his way through the storm of kids. But for some reason, I couldn't help but feel awkward and guilty altogether. Was I supposed to wish Good morning? Will he ask me about what I do? Will he tell our teacher about what I do? What am I gonna answer? Will he ignore me?

Minho shifted his gaze from the floor to me and his lips transformed into an ear to ear grin "Good Morning, Taeminnie!" Okay, that was unexpected. I nodded and replied back with a smile as he settled down on the seat next to me "Did you go home safely? After you left I regretted not asking your number." I glanced at him while he was busy taking out his books from his bag for the next class.

"Why?" I mumbled not sure what I was expecting to hear "What why? It was 12 am and of course, it's given I would be worried about my friend whether or not he made it home safely" He stated as if that was the most obvious thing and the most common thing everyone does.  

"You don't have to be worried about me, I can manage" I stated as my gaze fell down to the wooden table in front of me.

 "That doesn't mean I can't care about my friend."

The day passed by pretty fast compared to other days and it was strange how Minho was acting normal as if nothing had happened last night. I honestly expected Minho to be really afraid or maybe try to avoid me or anxious but he was just normal. 

Kai nudged me with his elbow "Didn't Minho ask you anything?" He whispered and I shook my head "Weird." He mumbled under his breath. 

We walked out of the school gate and it was sunny. It was the kind of weather that feels like a kiss of summer without the fiery heat of noontime in July. The grass is a soft green that almost had a hint of blue and the sky had enough pristine white cloud to show you how beautiful the sky was, how perfect. The weather was just perfect for our long walks. 

As expected, we planned to go to the PC room but today the odds weren't on our sides. Kai's phone rang in between our not-so-important conversation and his eyes shifted to us from his mobile screen. "It's my Dad. I have to go." 

And there we were. Just me and Minho, having nothing to talk about. Actually, we did have a lot to talk about but didn't know what to talk about first. But at the same time, it was strangely peaceful as well. Our footsteps matched each other's pace while the dry leaves crunched underneath our feet on the concrete sidewalk. For some reason, the crunching of the dry leaves satisfies me even though Kai calls me a sadist for that.

"Minho" I called out and he let out a quiet hmm, signaling me to continue "Aren't you afraid of me or hanging out with me?" He sighed.

"Can we get Ice-creams first?" 

We settled ourselves on the table outside the convenience store with our ice-creams in our hands. "I didn't expect you would be the type to like vanilla," He said and I chuckled "And I didn't expect you would like mint-flavored Ice-cream"

We sat there quietly once again for a while until Minho broke the silence "I'm not scared of you or hanging out with you, Taemin. You're nice to me and to me, that's all that matters." He took a bite off of his Ice-cream "I don't know who they were or what the reason was yesterday. But I believe you have your reasons and even if you don't, it's not my place to judge you based on just yesterday." He smiled.