~9~

Song Suggestion: Here we are by Jooyoung 

Minho's POV

I slammed the door behind me as I flopped down on my bed. Saying that I was confused was an understatement, I didn't know what did I do so wrong that Taemin got this angry at me. He was complicated and unpredictable but I truly thought that he was changing for the best. But I honestly can't even say I was disappointed, it's not my place to be disappointed. Maybe I thought I was becoming someone close to him but I guess that was not the case.

Of course, the days were very long and tiring. Just a day without Taemin felt like a week. I was always alone in school ever since I was young, but I guess, I got used to having him around me. Every day I learned new things about him like how he liked Banana milk, how he liked cereal with pork, the way he tries so hard to control his laugh but fails, and the way his eyes focus on a math problem. I missed noticing those new fascinating things every day. Taemin had so much more in him than the rude, bad boy façade he made for himself.

But at the end of the day, I couldn't help but feel disappointed in him, I don't care if he punched me I know he was angry and I know his anger always gets the best of him. But I'm disappointed because I expected him to come and apologize, or explain why he was so angry. Well, forget about that, he could at least lift my calls. 

"Did you talk to Taemin?" Kai asked as we had our lunch near our school playground, I shook my head and he sighed. "That idiot! I never thought he would be the type to be sulking about getting a suspension." Taemin ended up with a suspension instead of expulsion because of Kibum Hyung. "He should be thankful to you but no, his dumb ass is too dumb to realize that." I laughed at his comment that made Kai laugh too. I know he probably had a reason for this even though I know it's the result of him overthinking but I just hope he's just not causing trouble.

"Has he been doing other activities?" I emphasized, hoping that he would deny it and inform me how he's been rotting at home but I was sure that wouldn't be the case "Of course he is, he's going around with his gang, doing things he shouldn't be doing." I rolled my eyes. 

"What about you? Aren't you with him too?" Kai nodded but shrugged "My dad's been patrolling that area a lot so I've been cautious for a few days." He continued while munching on his lunch "I got in the gang because of Taemin. Also, it was a good time pass and I got to spend time with him. But he had a proper reason to join."

His suspension was a month-long and I've been getting more anxious day by day. Kai nor did I had any update on where he was. We even stayed out of his house so we could meet him but he didn't even come back home. Kai said it was normal for him to do this when he's too stressed out and anxious, but I was not used to it. In fact, Kai apparently asked some cop about it but even she was unaware of where Taemin was. What if something happened to him?

It was past midnight as I stayed up on my bed wide awake. I honestly couldn't even fall asleep properly anymore. All I had was this blonde boy on my mind. I don't know if it was because I was worried about him or I missed him but slowly I could feel myself draining out of my happiness. I did try to call him a couple of times but it was always switched off, so I couldn't really do anything.

I plugged in some earphones, playing music in hopes that I can finally get sleep when suddenly I heard a tap outside my window as if a stone was thrown on it. It could be a branch, I convinced myself before closing my eyes. 

It happened again. 

Curiosity got the best of me as I pushed the blankets and got up from my bed, peeping outside my window. There was someone standing right outside my window, it was too dark to realize if it was a man or a woman but they were wearing a hoodie that covered their face. I was slowly starting to get creeped out. I have read many stories in creepypastas where something like this happens and the next day people find your dead body. I gulped. I'm an 20-year-old man. If I get scared then there's no hope for me.