~1~

Song recommendation: Chlorine by Twenty one pilot 

-

The blackness surrounded the air as the only flickering light on the street finally went off. A sigh left my lips as I slightly smirked that caused a sudden jolt of pain from my lips towards my cheek but ignoring it, I got down on my left knee as the concrete floor brushed against my skin from the torn jeans. My fingers slipped under the chin of the bruised man, making him look up. "It's a shame to get beaten up by a high schooler, isn't it?" I pulled my hand back, making his head fall back on the concrete floor where it was before and I got up, dusting my knee off. "I hope you learned your lesson. The next time you want to go have fun, it better not be us." I was about to walk away when I heard a chuckle, making me turn around "You think it's over yet?"   

A bunch of guys --older than I was-- came walking from the other side of the alley "Hey, lets just lea-" I chuckled as a smirk appeared on my lips, cracking my knuckles as I wiped the sweat on my forehead "Kai, This is gonna be fun."

"Taemin!" I couldn't register what went down in the past couple of minutes but the last thing I remember is looking at my friend when the police sirens started getting closer and soon I felt myself getting dragged away. 

"Lee Taemin," I stated as the police officer typed on her computer.

"School? Nabi High School. Residing? Seoul." She sighed as she crossed her arms across her chest "I can't even count anymore. How long are you going to be like this, Taemin?" 

I rolled my eyes as my fingers brushed through my hair "How long do I have to stay here, a day?" She sighed "Till your guardian comes and takes you." A dry chuckle left my lips "You know she won't." 

And I knew for a matter of fact that she knew. 

Taeyeon knew everything. She knew me ever since I was a child who used to live downstairs and still does. She knew about me even more than my own mother does.

She typed a bit on her keyboard and as always pretended to do a phone call in front of the other officers, told me to just apologize, that of course, I had to do after a lot of whining, just to make Taeyeon's job a little easier, considering how much of crap she has to go through because of me.

I pushed the glass door open, stepping outside the police station that was more like my house at this point. I probably visit here more than I ever went home. I kicked the stones on my way as I started walking down the same old path that I had walked for the past 3 years of my life. At this point, I could make my way through this route even with the blindfolds on. 

I raised my arms to stretch my tightened muscles just to get a sharp pain run through my shoulder. But I was used to this pain, it made me feel alive all over again. I didn't know if it was me who was rebelling against myself, or just the way of showing the hatred I had towards this world but I loved how every inch of this body ached. The tiredness it provided helped me sleep at night. I shrugged it off, looking up at the sky. It was quite late in the evening, I glanced at my cracked mobile screen and it was 11:45 pm. A sigh left my lips as I rubbed my eyes. I can't even remember when was the last time I had slept properly. 

My feet paused as my gaze fell on the blonde hair boy sitting on the bench in front of my house. A smile unconsciously appeared on my lips to see this worried-struck friend of mine still alive and breathing. "I thought you were about to pass out when the police arrived." I plopped down next to him, waking the other up from a near passing-out nap and received a punch in return.

"Ow." I grabbed my arm pretending to be in pain but the other just rolled his eyes. "You really plan on going to jail and screwing your whole life up, right?" A chuckle left my lips as I ruffled his blonde hair "You really are a scardy cat. I mean, the way you ran away the minute you heard the sirens." I laughed just to cut through this thick tension but he still had a serious look on his face that made me shut my mouth as well.