~2~

Everything was moving fast, faster than I can register, faster than I can even realize what's going on. The only thing I could register was his hand that was in mine and the only thing I could notice was that it's losing the warmth that it always had. It was getting colder as the seconds ticked by. He was getting colder as seconds ticked by and I don't want to leave him. My grip on his hand got tighter.

Don't leave me. Please.

My hand grasped his hand more tightly if that was even possible.

I won't leave you, alone. Ever. I promise.

Everyone rushed with the stretcher and soon it was surrounded by nurses and doctors, the white tiles slipped underneath the stretcher. The operation theatre's door opened up and once again I felt someone pulling me back, away from him. His hand slowly, slipping away from mine. I applied my full force to get away from whoever was holding me behind but his hands finally slipped away and the door slammed shut with the red blub glowing on top.

The pain throbbed in my guts, it's deep and warm, but not in a nice way. It feels like someone has their hand in there and are squeezing my organs as hard as they can and finally everything slowed down, my legs could no longer hold me up, as if they turned into some sort of jelly and my knees gave in, making me crash on the marble floor. 

This pain. It pained everywhere. But the fact that he was in much more pain, he was in there fighting for his life all alone and I couldn't do anything when all this was my fault. He is about to die because of me. I'm going to lose the only person I have in my life because of me. This isn't fair, Why him? It was my fault, I was supposed to deal with it. Why him? 

Finally, my knees gave in, crashing to the ground. I should be the one being punished, why him?

It was a little while since the operation began but it felt so long, I don't even know how long I sat on these cold metal chair that is placed here and everything is just so quiet in these corridors. My fingers ran in my messy hair as I closed my eyes, still trying to calm my agitation. 

He will be okay. He will definitely be okay. 

They say when you try to repeat something over and over again, it slowly becomes a reality. But I was far from it. 

"Taemin!" I opened my eyes, looking at the source from where the voice came from. I got up, guilt came rushing back to me like a water wave that suddenly washed over me and I had no control of myself. The women and the man came rushing to me and my eyes involuntarily closed as my muscles tightened up. What will they do to me? Would they hit me? They are never going to forgive me. This is my fault after all. Are they going to put a case on me? What if they never let me see Minho?

My train of thoughts interrupted by two arms wrapping around me, engulfing me. I slowly opened my eyes, trying to make sense of this situation. 

"Are you okay, Taemin?" Mrs. Choi's voice echoed in my ear as I could feel my shirt getting soaked up by her tears. I looked up at Mr. Choi who was as devastated as her. 

"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." All I wanted to do was cry out, scream my guts out but the devastation, the pain in their eyes, is all my fault and I don't deserve any of that relief. "He's been in there for..." I trailed off, I don't even know how long it's been, what can I tell them "I'm so sorry." It's all my fault I should've done everything to prevent this. I'm so sorry." 

"Taemin..." Mrs. Choi spoke again as she placed her hand on my head, slowly caressing it. "No one could've prevented it. Both of you fell victim to time." She wiped her tears away and forced a smile "Our Minho is strong. He will definitely make it through." I nodded my head and smiled as well "He will. He will be okay."