~20~

As the lights went off, red emergency lights came up. But the few moments in the light out, Taeyeon and Kai took the chance to move to a corner and place Jinki in a safe spot.

It was a decently huge and dark warehouse with many places to hide which was always an advantage.

However, my biggest concern was these three. I just want them to be safe. That's what this was all about. No matter if I'm at risk. They have to flee. That's the promise I took from them after quite some protesting. 

Joe stood next to me as his men became steady as well. A smirk plastered over Joon's lips as he shoved his hand in his pocket while the other hand raised, motioning his men to attack.

A war has begun.

I steadied myself and in a blink of an eye, everyone around me was in action. Groans and cracks filled the air. A man sprinted towards me as I brought my attention to him, punching his stomach as I grabbed his hand, twisting it.

Another one came from the side, he had a small pocket knife in his hand but as he shoved it towards me I quickly dodged it, kicking him in the shin. I planned on not wasting any bullets and saving them for when it's necessary.

My eyes fell on Taeyeon, who joined the fight as well with a thick wooden stick and so did Kai. They were smart about it as well. Our intent was not to kill these people unless it was completely necessary. Jinki was placed behind a pillar and more than injuring them, both of them were trying to protect Jinki.

I turned around as a guy tried to attack me with an iron rod but I luckily moved back, kicking him in the guts as he fell to the ground, groaning. I grabbed the iron rod and made my way to Joe who was dealing with five people at once. I smacked a guy's head with the rod hard enough to make him dizzy just as he was about to stab Joe. "Thanks." He muttered as he took care of that guy while I smirked at the rest of the men who were ready to lunge at me.

I loved the adrenaline rush that went through my blood. It's been quite some time since I've felt the taste of blood in my mouth and the pain in my joints. I missed it but looking around me, men fighting men. Some injuring others in a way that it would affect their entire life, some might not even make it through.

It wasn't worth it.

I groaned as I felt a sharp sting in my arm. I looked to my side to see a man, holding a knife as he smirked. I cursed out loud as I lunged at him, knocking him to the ground and giving him a few punches, before grabbing his knife. I swiftly swung my arm around, stabbing the thigh of the man who was about to take the chance on me from behind.

I got up as I quickly glanced around towards Kai and Taeyeon to see how they are managing but they clearly seemed to be struggling. I instantly made my way towards them, attacking the men who were close to hurting either one of them. "Taemin, your bleeding!" Kai exclaimed but before I could respond my eyes fell on the man who slowly made his way towards Jinki. I reacted swiftly as I high kicked the man in the face and just when another man charged forward with a knife, I used this man as a shield.

"My dad was going to track my phone but these people took it." Kai informed me as he kneed a man's face and I groaned in annoyance but there was nothing we could do now "Just focus on surviving."

It would be great to have him with me in this fight but someone had to be with Taeyeon, she couldn't have defended herself and Jinki at the same time.

A man grabbed me from behind as he punched me in the face. I glared at him as he punched me again, the knife slipped out of my hand. I tried to kick him, but he blocked it, pushing me to the ground and hovering over me. He blocked me from getting up as he wrapped his fingers around my neck, choking me.