~10~

Taemin's POV

The next morning I woke up with a heavy heart, something didn't feel right but at the same time, I felt peaceful. The warm sun shining through the white curtains, the bed was comfortable and soft but one thing that brought me to my senses was when I felt something on my forehead. I raised my hand, making the wet handkerchief, that was dried now, fall down.

Minho's head rested on the bed over his arms while one of his arms stretched out, grabbing my hand. But he was a very light sleeper. The second I tried turning towards his side, his eyes shot open and when they met with mine I swear a thousand bolt of electricity ran through my veins. 

Why am I so affected by his presence? Why was I so miserable the past few days because I ended up hurting him? 

"You're awake?" Minho said in his husky morning voice, getting up and slightly pressing the back of his hand over my forehead. My skin tingled where he touched me and my heartbeat was erratic in my chest, so hard that I thought it might fly out. There were butterflies - no, lions - in my chest, but it felt good. I'm not supposed to feel this way. 

"You're all okay now." A smile appeared on his soft pink lips as if he felt successful in his mission of curing me. "Are you feeling better now?" He asked and I nodded, sitting up on the bed. I glanced towards the clock and it was around 9 am "We're late for school. Guess who won't be needing their school bags today?" Minho said with a geeky smile plastered on his lips.

It was out of my understanding of how he was so calm and nice to me after what I did to him instead of thanking him. But that's beside the point, my heart was heavy for the first time with guilt. I have ended up hurting people who are close to me but I have never felt this way. People called me heartless for being rude, but why did punching Minho make me feel so liable?

So the past couple of weeks I had been hanging out with the gang guys because I knew Kai was probably with Minho and I was still not ready to face him yet. In fact, I was regretful about the fact that I felt at ease about doing illegal activities rather than apologizing to someone close to me. 

No one was in the house so we decided to make breakfast for ourselves and just watch an action movie. I had no idea he was such a good cook. He made pancakes that he used to eat a lot back in the US and they tasted delicious, not gonna lie. But I'm also not gonna lie, how happy and satisfied Minho looked while eating them and it made my heart feel content. 

I wanted this boy to be happy. From the past few weeks, I longed for his smile. In fact, I wanted him to smile because of me, for me. He showed me how to find beauty in this cruel world and I wanted to do the same for him, I relied on him so many times without noticing and I wanted him to rely on me as well. From the past few weeks, I wanted to hold him, tell him I'm sorry. I have always been infertile towards feelings, but this boy was making me break down all my walls and insecurities to accept him. He made me trust him, he made me assured that I won't ever be hurt when I'm with him. And I believed it... or rather I wanted to believe him.

And that's when I realized that maybe, just maybe... I...

I like him...? 

I started getting back on with life. Of course, I had to hear an earful of scoldings from Kai and deal with his drama of not talking to me for a week. I had to suppress my feelings for Minho, after all, it was nothing but an attraction. It will fade away soon. It had to, it was absurd to have feelings for my best friend. 

People talk about "mixed feelings" like it's an exception, but for me, it's the norm. I'm scared to try and scared not to - what I actually do depends on the balance between the two. There are days I felt so drained from trying to be more assertive and then somedays I wanted to take the risk, doing what I wanted to do. But then I ended up missing the crucial moments and by the time I made the decision, it was too late.