~8~

Song recommendation: When you love someone by Day6

"Breakfast is ready!" I squint my eyes open, everything around me was unfamiliar but soon I realized where I was. The sun was shining brightly through the white curtains, giving a heavenly glow to the room. It was bright to the point that it actually pierced my eyes. I turned around to my side and my eyes shot open in perplex.

Minho's face was right next to mine, so close that I could feel his warm breath on my skin. His face was illuminated against the sunlight, exposing all the little flaws his skin had that wouldn't be visible unless you were this close to a person. He looked peaceful with his lips curved slightly upwards, they had a natural pink tint and seemed soft. My glance fell at his arms that were thrown over me, including his legs. He doesn't seem to be the guy who could have muscles but surprisingly, he did.

He's beautiful.

Wait, what?

I cleared my throat, feeling the weight of his arms and legs that crushed me. I shoved him aside, sitting upright. Minho groaned in his sleep, finally opening his eyes. His eyes glanced at me, confused. "Why am I here?" He asked.

"I should be asking you that, why are you sleeping next to me?" He rubbed his eyes, getting up. His soft dark brown hair all messed up. His strands intertwined with each other after he ruffled them with his hand. "I don't even remember when I fell asleep."

"Hope you didn't do anything to me" Minho continued and I scoffed "Yeah, not interested."

It took a while for me to get ready before I grabbed my school bag. Minho was downstairs helping his mom in the kitchen. I made my way down the flight of stairs. The aroma of coffee and bread in the air, along with the steam from the rice cooker. I guess this is how a home smells like. All I could smell in my house was the horrendous smell of alcohol and cigarette.

I wonder how it feels to be a part of a family that had a chaos that would make you feel wide awake and active. Ready to take on life, knowing that these people had your back. I made my way towards the kitchen counter, greeting everyone just to be greeted back with a smile.

"Thank you for letting me stay the night." I bowed down "You don't have to thank us, you're welcomed anytime." Mrs. Choi said with a sweet smile. I smiled back, turning around when I was met with an unfamiliar face. "Good Morning, Hyung." Minho greeted.

Oh, so that's his elder brother. "Who's this kiddo?" He asked, ruffling my hair. Excuse me? I slightly moved away to get away from his hand but also trying not to seem too rude. "He's my friend, Taemin. Taemin this is my brother, Kibum."

The days passed comparatively faster with me, Kai and Minho chilling out after school and truly, this was the longest I was away from trouble. Just enjoying life and It's nice having Minho as a bench mate, to be honest. He's this bubbly personality wrapped in a persona of a nerd. But of course, when there's calm, the storm is always on the way.

School ended pretty peacefully with having random conversations about what we wanted to do for the Christmas break that was upcoming as we walked out of the school. Suddenly, I felt a harsh force, pushing me to the wall. I glanced up, confused but I recognized who they were. They were the minions of Joe. "What the heck?" I clenched my fist.

"Long time no see." The tall boy took a step closer to me "You haven't been coming around nowadays. Why? Got a new gang?" I rolled my eyes, It was right outside the school gate and creating a scene here would only get me into a problem. "I don't talk with minions. I have business with Joe." I smiled, pushing him aside.