~17~

The sun shining brightly made my eyes squint. The ringtone blasting from my mobile made me groan but I grabbed my mobile nevertheless, trying to make out the idiot's name who was disturbing my peaceful sleep. As expected it was Kai, I sighed, glancing at my side to see Minho still sleeping peacefully. I smiled at the adorable view and leaned in to kiss his forehead before picking up the call.

"What do you want?" I asked sternly.

"Taemin, where are you? His serious voice spoke through the speaker. At this point, Minho was starting to wake up as well.

"At Minho's. Why?" I asked "You need to come back home, Taemin. And you need to come back fast."

Tears blinded me as I could feel my heart pumping out of my chest. I didn't know what's going on but I knew it's something bad and it's something about my mom.

Something was wrong. Something was really wrong.

Minho and I finally reached my house and there were police cars everywhere. I rushed to the scene and my heart stopped at the view. Bright lights from the camera flashed around in the alleyway and they only increased as the police appeared in the small door of my apartment building, holding a woman on both sides. Kai's father noticed me as he quickly pulled out a handkerchief and placed it on her wrist to hide the handcuffs from me.

I tried to get closer to them but Kai stopped me. "What's going on?" I asked, hysterically.

"She ended up killing someone, Tae."

Everything around me came to a halt. The words that came out of his mouth traveled through my body, numbing it. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

I know my mom has made many mistakes in life, an uncountable amount of mistakes. But she wouldn't have done this. She's my mother and she was trying to change.

Fine, trading of drugs, abusing it, it's manageable but murdering? She can't do that. I shook my head, She's not that evil.

"She's being framed!" I proclaimed as I hurriedly made my way towards the car that she was being escorted in. The windows were up but I didn't care less. I started banging on the glass window as she lowered her gaze. "Open!" I shouted out and I knew she was crying.

I turned to Kai, shaking my head "It's not true." I whispered to myself as the car sped off.

"Taemin..." Minho called out.

"She was getting better! She was being a Mom again! Someone's framing her!" I ended up bursting out in tears as Minho hugged me, my tears soaking his shirt.

"I was getting my mom back."

We left for the police station in one of Mr. Kim's colleague's car and directly went to Mr. Kim's office. As soon as he saw me his expression was sympathetic. He walked towards me, placing his hand on my shoulder "Have a seat."

He handed all of us coffee before going back to his seat. "Taemin... This won't be easy and I think you know that." I nodded.

"This is not a petty thing. Even if it was just about drugs, she could've been released after a few months but unfortunately, she murdered a man in a bar that she worked in." He said, and everything was just a blur for me. "I-Is there no way she's being framed? I mean, I know she is a b-bad person but she wouldn't murder someone." I said as a tear rolled down my eyes, which I quickly wiped away.

Mr. Kim shook his head "She confessed." He said as I kept my face into my palms, sighing. This is messed up. "But, she committed the act under the influence and also it's a self-report so there's a chance that the Jury might give her a lesser sentence." I stared at him in disbelief. "Self-report?" I asked and he nodded "We got a call from her at around 4 pm today and she confessed to it." He trailed off, sighing.