~3~

"I heard someone got a new seatmate" Kai threw his arm around my shoulder. "Am I getting replaced now?" He looked at me, placing his hand on his chest and pretending to be hurt. 

"Yeah yeah, I'd replace you in a blink." I pushed his hand away as we made our way to the cafeteria "So what's your plan for today?" I shrugged, "You wanna go try out this new PC room that recently opened up. It looks promising." I shrugged again. "I wouldn't mind going anywhere other than home." 

We plopped down on our usual seats in the cafeteria, talking about casual things as always when my eyes landed on the same geeky guy, grabbing his tray and scanning the whole cafeteria for an empty seat and of course, it was just me and Kai sitting on a table for four people. I mean I don't really mind him but it's really annoying to be close to someone who's as weak as him if we end up, somehow, getting close.

"Oh God," I mumbled under my breath as I noticed him, making his way towards us. "Today is a very unfortunate day for me, bro." He stood in front of us, making Kai notice him from his tray "Oh hey, you want something?" Kai asked as he still shoved food in his mouth. "If you don't mind, Can I sit here?" 

"Your the new transfer kid right? My name is Kim Jongin but people call me Kai. What's your name? Why this school?" Kai stated as he stuffed his mouth with more food "I'm Minho. Choi Minho."  He trailed off, taking a bite off his sandwich. "Our family recently shifted back from the States to Korea and no school was ready to accept me mid-semester except this one, so had no other choice." 

"Yo bro, nice meet you!" Kai exclaimed something that I guess is English, which made Minho burst out in laughter "Sure, it's nice  to meet  you too."

The bell rang indicating it's the next hour as we were making our way back to our class. "Taemin, meet me near the basketball court after school ends okay?" I nodded to Kai as Minho raised his eyebrows in curiosity "If you don't mind me asking, are you guys going out somewhere?" He asked, uncertainty filled in his voice. 

"Yeah! We were thinking of going to a PC room. Why? You wanna join?" Kai asked and I wanted to face-palm. Why is this retard so over-friendly with everyone? I internally started hoping he would say no, I mean considering the fact that he's so nerdy, shy and sucks at being social, you can't expect him to play video games right? Right?

No, wrong.

"Sure, I would love to! It's been so long since I played video games and I have heard a lot about Korean PC rooms." 

Minho left to use the restroom as Kai and I went back to class. "I have a feeling you don't like this guy for some reason." Kai stated, looking at me "It's not that I don't like him. He's too weak." And whoever gets close to me gets hurt.

The day got over faster than I expected and even before I could contemplate, we were in the PC room, watching Minho get MVP in every single match of League of Legends that we played and I'm not gonna lie, he was good. "It wasn't a bad idea letting Minho tag along but holy moly I did not expect him to be this good at this game." 

Kai was right. You honestly get to see a whole new side of him while he is playing a video game. He acts as if it's a life or death situation and if either one of us made a mistake during a match he would go all ninja on our asses. And if we lose, yeah, all hell broke down and let me tell you, the person we encountered was scary. 

Yup, this is definitely not the same boy I had to defend from the bullies in the morning. 

"Shit! I have to go back home, it's late! I'm so screwed." Kai shot up from his seat and started collecting his things as my eyes widened up, realizing that I cannot go back until my mom sleeps which means I have to be here with Minho, playing this game like it's the end of the world "Have fun you two! It was fun playing with you, Minho. Let's play again together, even though it's scary playing with you" Minho giggled and before I could even utter a word, he was long gone out the door.

I glanced over to Minho who was looking at me with so much enthusiasm and a geeky smile. "Guess it's just the both of us now".

-

As I stared at the blank white wall in front of me, I felt the tension and anxiety build up in me as I stared blankly, my mind full of emptiness. Before the panic could eat me alive, I managed to catch up on subtle breathing exercises to help me relax. Just as I regained my steady heartbeat by breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth, I heard the door open and a bunch of people in the surgical dress walked out. I immediately rose from the metal chair that I was sitting on for so many hours and I could feel the heat radiating out of my body due to anxiety. 

"Doctor, how's my son?" Mrs. Choi asked anxiously to the Doctor as he displayed a sympathetic smile "Fortunately, the surgery was a success but we cannot guarantee when he will gain his consciousness. If the bullet was an inch deeper, it could've pierced his heart but he is a lucky guy." He trailed off "But unfortunately we don't know when he's going to gain consciousness. It might take days, months or in the worst case..." My mind processed the words gradually and I could feel everything around me stop. There's a chance I might never see him again?

"So y-you mean to say..." I trailed off "He's in a coma?" I asked, not believing the words that spilled out of my mouth. 

"Like I said we cannot say anything for sure yet. Don't worry, we will try our best." The doctor reassured, giving a pat my shoulder as he walked past me.

My eyes glanced over to Mrs. Choi. The tears flowed down her cheeks and dripped from her chin. She was too sad to cry out or wail, she just stood there as still as a statue while the magnitude of this situation swept over her. Mr. Choi pulled her in a hug and that's when she hysterically started crying in his chest as it finally hit her. Her precious son could and I could clearly see the gloss in his eyes and how hard he was trying to be strong for his family.

I turned around, my presence itself would probably make it more worst for them and even though they would never admit it, everyone knows I'm the main cause of this, directly or indirectly. 

I don't know where my legs were taking me but I just wanted to get out of this hospital, this cursed place. I could feel my head starting to spin from the stench of the spirit and medicines but somehow I managed to find my way out of the hospital and my knees crashed to the concrete ground. The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything was just gone. I paused trying to hold back this strange feeling rumbling inside me but I couldn't. A lone tear rolled down my cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened. So many tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face. My chin trembled as if I was a small child. I breathed heavier than I ever had before. I was gasping for air that simply wasn't there. My throat burned to form a silent scream.

I just want him to be okay. 

 I just want him to get back to okay. 

I'd give up everything I have for him. 

I want to rewind time and make everything okay.

It's all my fault.

It's my fault.

I'm so sorry, Minho.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayeee I finally updated the chapter quickly *proud of myself* I hope you guys like this chapter I honestly feel like it was kinda rushed? idek but yeah hopefully the future chapters will be good (I hope). But thank you so much for reading this chapter and supporting me it really means a lot to me :D 

I seriously hope you guys like this chapter and look forward to the future chapters I have a lot of ideas for this book and I'm actually excited.

Thank you and I lubbb yewwww!!!!!