~11~

Minho's words kept on repeating in my mind again and again only to make me more confused than give me an answer. He can't like... like me right? I mean no matter how much I want to believe that, I'm scared of the disappointment that comes along if he meant it just as a friend. 

I mean, why would I be disappointed, after all, there is no way he can like me, right?

Anyhow, I somehow ended up in front of Kai's house with a pint of Ice-Cream, thanks to the money I ended up stealing from the thug I had a run-off with. At the end, what's better to make Kai forgive me than to feed him his favorite Ice-cream?

Kai plopped down next to me on the bench near his house and of course, he was being dramatic by not looking at me in the eye and turning his face to the other side. I poked him slightly, just to have him shrug my hand away. What a drama queen. "Hey, I'm sorry!" I apologized and he scoffed.

"You didn't think it was important to tell your best friend if you were alive or not. In fact, you were too busy to even pick up your best friends call, weren't you?!" Kai exclaimed as I rubbed the back of my head in guilt "I just didn't feel like being in contact with anyone." I confessed and before he could even speak, I continued "But I'm back now and guess what I got?" I smiled and he rolled his eyes, contemplating for a few seconds before giving in "It better be my favorite Ice-cream."

We took bites off of the ice-cream pint while he updated me about what all went on in school and in his life. Our conversations are so much more than words. It is the smiles, the gentle shrugs. It surprises me how similar we are in some aspects but yet so different. Also, we are both elevated by each other's presence and even the silences are comfortable. Kai was the first person I ever felt comfortable enough to open up with. They are moments to savor the company of the other and feel that sense of peace that comes from feeling loved and protected, within the arms of friendship. It's just we know we have each other's backs no matter what. At least, for me it is.

But I don't know why Kai sticks with me. I never did anything other than causing troubles for him and having him save my ass everytime. I was always curious but I never got the chance to ask him. From what I believe, Kai doesn't have any advantages being with me, in fact, all I'm doing is ruining his life slowly. But at the same time, I'm also afraid to know the answer. It's nice believing that someone is so close to you and can do everything for you without expecting anything in return. Maybe he does but for 11 years of our friendship, he never asked.

"Dude, I heard about today. How did you get out? I heard they weren't letting go of the minors without guardians." Kai said as I nodded "Minho got me out." 

"Minho?" Kai asked shocked "How?" I shook my head "Also, he's 20? Did you know that?" Kai nodded taking a bite off of his Ice-cream. "I guess it was a one-year late admission and then he wasted his one year because he had to shift back to Korea." And over here I thought he was the same age as us but just had a bigger body. 

"I don't know," I said, glancing down as I took a bite. There was just so much going on in my mind I didn't know if I should even tell Kai everything. Will he know the answer to all my questions? What if he doesn't? But everything that I told him, he always had a way of solving them. "Don't know what?" Kai asked "Nothing." I said.

"Hey! Tell me, now! I know something is going on in that tiny brain of yours." He flicked the side of my head, sending a sharp pain through "Ow." 

I sighed, there's no way out of this guys grip "I just don't why you guys are ready to help me out so much. I mean, all I do is cause trouble and bring bad reputation and stress upon you guys."

Kai chuckled as he flicked my head again, but this time softly "You're an idiot to think that way." he continued "You remember how we even became friends?" I nodded my head we became friends when I used to sneak out of my house back in elementary at night because staying at the house with mom and those creepy men she brought home used to be too much. Kai used to do the same but, well, for rebel reasons.