~6~

At times like these, no matter how used to it I am, I realize how scary a gang can truly be. A group of bulky men, arms full of tattoos, holding weapons that can take precious lives in one strike. We walked the streets that slowly got empty as the clock struck closer to midnight. 

I know we will win this but do I really wanna do this today? Not really.

I sighed as we took a turn into the dark alleyway that barely had any street lamps on. Only our silhouettes were seen on the concrete road by the moonlight that you can barely notice on the busy streets of Seoul.

As we took a turn towards the base of Damien's gang I felt a tight grip on my wrist and before I could even realize I felt a hand on my mouth. My body was pushed against the cement wall and just as I was about to retaliate, my eyes met with not-so-unfamiliar eyes that were covered with the pair of glasses. My eyes widened as my brain recognized almost instantly who it was. 

"What the living hell are you doing here?" I whispered in a hushed tone as he gently removed his hand from my mouth. I never expected this, but he is fairly strong but I guess he has a height advantage. "Is that your gang?" He questioned, peeping at those guys from behind the wall. "Yes, and I have to go now." 

"Go where?" He asked as I rolled my eyes "Why do you care?" I tried pushing him away but he actually had that stupid height advantage "Move." I demanded.

"You're not going anywhere and getting yourself in trouble when you can actually avoid it." Minho tightened his clench on my wrist "And once again, why do you care?"

"Because I'm your friend." I scoffed "You're just a goddamn friend. That doesn't mean you get to interfere in my personal life, Minho." 

Almost instantly a wave of guilt took over me as a hurt look took over his face. He took a step back, releasing my wrist "I'm sorry for interfering in your life." 

I sighed "Minho, it's not that-" Minho interrupted me even before I could complete "You should go before you lose them."

"Let's talk tomorrow." 

Just when I was about to turn around and walk away I heard police sirens in the distance. The ear-piercing siren got closer and closer as the seconds ticked by. Someone had called the cops. I was sure about it because, in this area, police rarely take rounds as they fear for their lives. There have been so many cases of cops going missing, but only we knew what the truth was. But, if we get caught fighting right now, we're done for. 

I pulled Minho down so we won't be seen as I pulled my mobile phone to call Joe. However, the chances were slim of him picking his phone up at the moment. I tried calling others, but no one picked up. I started hoping they would retreat after hearing the sirens. Although, I just can't stay here hoping for the best while the worst goes down. 

"I need to go." I stood up just to be pulled back down by Minho "For what? To get caught?" He was right. I can't help much but get dragged into the mud as well. Moreover, I really can't afford to face Taeyeon again. I pulled my mobile out again to call Kai and to my luck, he did pick up.

"Yo, I'm on the way. I got stuck because of my da-"

"No, no don't come. Cops got the sniff of it, they're here."

"They are raiding that area too? You should leave but don't go to your home. They're raiding your area as well. And if you're seen at this time, they will definitely suspect you. Go to a sauna or something but get away from there."

"Kai, where are you going?"

"Home. Duh."

"Can I come over?"