~13~

The sunlight peered through the curtains of my window as I squinted my eyes open. I groaned at the alarm sound that was blaring in my ears. It's a Sunday, why is the alarm ringing?

I glared at my mobile screen for a good 5 minutes as I brainstormed my sleepy brain for an answer and as soon as I remembered, my eyes shot open as I pushed the blankets aside. I stood up, my eyes still half-closed as I rushed to the bathroom to freshen up.

I'm going on a date with Minho.

And I was late.

I hurried out of the bathroom as I quickly dried my hair while patting in some moisturizer on my face. To be honest, I was nervous and excited at the same time. I went out with Minho many times but I truly feel like I'm going to meet him for the first time today. Is this why people get so shy and nervous on a date, because wow, I can just scream with excitement right now!

I made my way towards my closet and for another good 5 minutes, I just stared at them, figuring out what to wear because all my clothes are mostly either black or grey. I never realized how edgy my clothes were. I sighed, pulling out a black hoodie with white straps. I wore it along with some black ripped jeans. I checked myself out in the mirror before exiting my bedroom.

My mom sat up on the couch on the noise of my bedroom door slamming behind me. Was a surprise but oh well. I went to the kitchen to get the money but it wasn't there. "Where's the money?" I asked sternly and she sighed, grabbing her flashy wallet and removing some change, holding them out for me to take them. "Where are you going all dressed up so early?" She asked, "Going to meet someone." I replied back as I grabbed my things. 

"Have fun..." She trailed off as I looked at her "And stay safe." 

Weird.

It was around 11 am by the time I reached the spot. We decided to meet up in the alley that I usually go to and then plan where to go. Minho insisted on planning the whole day out so let's see what he comes up with.

Frankly, I really didn't know what was going to change between us. In fact, was it going to be awkward in the beginning? I don't know, maybe it would just be like before and nothing will change. I pulled out a cigarette, placing it in between my lips before lighting it up. I pulled out my mobile to call him but before I could, a silhouette appeared in the corner of my eyes.

Minho appeared at the end of the alleyway with a gray checkered long coat and a peach hoodie on the inside with black jeans. His chiseled jaw lifted with a proud, pleasant smile. His eyes were sparkling with excitement and his soft, feather-like blackish-brown hair brushed away from his brow. He looked charming without his glasses.

The tall boy made his way towards me and before even saying anything, he pulled the cigarette away from my lips and tossed it on the ground. "No smoking or fighting today. Got it?" I rolled my eyes but nodded anyway as he smiled "Good. Now let's go." Minho said as he grabbed my hand, pulling me alongside him.

We stood in front of a pancake restaurant that looked expensive for just a breakfast restaurant. "This seems out of our budget. Can't we just go to some random restaurant around the corner that won't loot us for having breakfast?" The money I had was only enough for a Kimbap and a pack of juice and I don't want Minho to finance the whole day today, as well.

"I always wanted to try the pancakes here." And before I could say anything he was already through the door. I sighed, following him.

The interior was cozy with the smell of pancakes in the air. Not many customers were there, making the atmosphere quiet with music peacefully playing in the background. "Welcome!" Someone exclaimed from behind the counter and Minho smiled, bowing down to them. I shook my head but smiled. He's definitely a foreigner who just came to Korea.