Fate Is Not In Your Hands

After tormenting Geno with fish and catching a few of them themselves; letting them go when Dream and Ink protested on killing them.

They were currently relaxing before heading back to camp. Red, having forgot that Y/n had taken her from his arms was now holding her and petting her in an effort to apologize, the leash still attached to Doll's collar. Classic and Cross were making fun of Red for being a softie.

"Awwww, the big bad Red is becoming soft." Cross teased him. "'m not becoming' fuckin' soft!" Red growled and Classic chuckled.

"Then why did you immediately start petting the kitten once you remembered that she existed?" Classic spoke, making Red glare at him.

"I don't 'ave to explain myself to you." He growled.

Classic and Cross snickered, Y/n watched this exchange with an unamused expression and Exco shook its head: disappointed in the skeletons.

"You see, if you attack from behind you should always have something to defend yourself with instead of a knife." Y/n heard Nightmare explain to Killer, who nodded with a thoughtful expression.

"Instead of running straight towards them." Error jumped in, glaring at Killer who shrugged with a smile. The tree above them shadowed their forms, making them all the more threatening if you weren't used to their company.

"That is definitely not a normal conversation to be having." Ganz sighed, shaking his head as he listened to their conversation.

Fell was sitting on a log, his sneakers resting on the sand as he watched the water with a sad expression on his skull, the laughter from before reminding him of someone. . . important.

Someone who meant everything to him.

Someone.

Who is now. . .

Gone.

"Come on Fell! I want to see the Echo-Flowers!" A soft and kind voice exclaimed happily as they dragged an annoyed Fell with them.

"'ey're not 'oing to go anywhere kid, so calm down." He told them, hiding his smile.

Fell snapped out of his happy memory when he felt movement beside him and the log he was sitting on move slightly; telling him that someone sat down next to him.

"Find anything interesting in the water? Or were you just trapped in a memory?" Y/n asked him, Exco gone from her shoulders and slithering towards a chatting Geno and Reaper; Geno looking a little unnerved while Reaper was amused.

Fell looked at Y/n, finding her signature white blindfold resting over her eyes and her black leather jacket hugging her form.

Fell's pinpricks widened slightly when a familiar brown-haired and flower covered person took her place, smiling at him softly before Y/n took their place.

"Hey, bud? You there? Or do I need to throw you in the water?" Y/n asked him, waving a hand in front of his skull.

Fell grabbed her hand, stopping it. "'M fine, just daydreamin'." Fell told her, letting go of her hand and he smiled softly at her; she reminded him of that human: Frisk.

"Well, what were you thinking about if I may ask?" She questioned him; it was a dull question. It was voided of life.

"Someone from my AU." He told her, turning his attention away from her and focusing it back on the water below him; seeing the same face that haunts him each night.

He felt a soft hand pat his back. "Well, I'll let you get back to your thoughts." She told him and got up from the log.

She looked at the others before going over to Dream, Ink and Ganz, who looked like they were having a pleasant conversation.