A Lesson

Y/n headed back to the campsite with a smirk on her face, knowing that Exco would be watching Error's every move; making sure he wouldn't do something that would cause Exco to attack.

Those two really need to get along, but that is probably never going to happen.

She walked silently through the forest, listening to every sound that was made; from the tiniest drop of water to the loud swaying of branches overhead. She heard a bird make a soft chirp from above her before the sound of moving wings overtook the other noises and droplets of water made itself a home in Y/n's hair; the bird having taken off: sensing something wrong.

Y/n tilted her head, forcing the water out from her hair and felt it run down her neck; down her healed scar.

A remnant of the past.

Of pain.

Of suffering.

She ignored the feeling in her broken soul and tuned back into the sounds of the birds chirping above her; she wanted to ignore the emotion in her soul. She had to ignore it.
.
.
.
For now.
.
.
.
While she still could.

Y/n stopped and held her breath, listening intently. She heard something. She heard something loud. She heard it in the direction of the campsite and the sounds of yelling overtook the peaceful, calm and serene noises of the forest.

Her hand twitched: once. She ran to the campsite, her hair flying behind her as she pushed branches away from her face.

Koran.

Koran.

Koran! She growled in her head, emotions swelling inside her soul, threading to break through: she spat blood onto the ground in response.

You don't touch my friends. She smiled to herself, my friends. They have brought out some emotions in me- no- I refuse to feel anything.

Change.

I don't know what will happen if I truly feel the emotions, instead of the a small prick of it.

"I'm not a fan of finding out." She muttered to herself, grabbing a marble inside her pocket and crushed it in her palm; the bow that she bought growing in her palm: an arrow was quick to materialize in her hand and on the bow.

The yelling was closer and louder than before.

She leapt through a large bush in front of her, the branches attempting to stop her midair: it didn't.
Y/n skidded to a stop on the ground, a dust cloud rising in front of her as she aimed the arrow blindly; the dust obscuring her vision momentarily.

Hopefully she made it in time.

The yelling stopped and a dead silence took over; the sounds of the forest returning, but the voices. . . did not.

"Woah, Y/n. Put the bow away. No one is hurt, injured or dead." Dream spoke from somewhere nearby; Y/n could see the signature colors of the skeletons appearing in her vision.

"I mean, not yet anyway." Reaper chuckled.

"You're not helping, Reaper." Fell growled, sending Reaper a warning glare.

"I don't know about that, it seems very helpful. Right, Killer? Nightmare chuckled, Killer flinching and looked at Nightmare nervously. "Of course." He agreed, Nightmare smirked at his response, enjoying the fear coming from Killer.

Dream, however, was not happy but chose to momentarily ignore Killer, instead focusing on Y/n and how to encourage her to put the bow away.

Ganz and Fresh slowly but quickly went to Y/n's sides, warily eyeing the bow in her hands; the point on the arrow looking sharp and deadly.