Traveling For Answers

Y/n and the skeletons have been walking in the forest for a couple hours now. By now, they were exhausted. Well, except for Ink, that skeleton seemed to have unlimited energy.

"Perhaps we should set up camp." Classic spoke from next to Red as everyone stopped walked around looked at Y/n. The sun hitting them mercilessly and the trees surrounding them provided no resistance against the sun.

"That sounds like a great plan!" Dream smiled, his tone hiding his exhaustion as he looked around for a place to set up camp.

"I'll Help You Dream!" Ink announced, pointing towards the air.

He smiled with determination, excitement clear in his eye sockets before he ran off with Dream, their colors quickly vanishing from sight.

"Should we. . . do something about that?" Classic inquired, staring in the direction where Ink and Dream vanished.

"Nah, it's going to be fun to hear their screams-" As if Nightmare could predict the future, two screams cut out in the peaceful air.

They were not screams of fear but rather excitement.

Exco let out a hiss of disapproval, finding the screams rather annoying.

"Guess we should go check on them." Y/n groaned and made her way towards the direction that the screams seemed to be. The others followed from behind while glancing around occasionally, making sure that no threats were around.

"T'e 'ell?" Fell spoke, the setting sun hitting his pinpricks as he moved the green foliage in front of his face; in front of the unamused group stood a happy and excited Dream.

"Y/n, Ink and I found the perfect place to set up camp!" Dream grabbed Y/n's hand and dragged her out into the sunlight, making her form shine.

"I see that, Dream." She hummed and pulled her arm back, ignoring Dream's dimming pinpricks.

Don't get attached, Y/n.

"Where is Ink?" She asked, rubbing her arm where Dream had grabbed her.

"Right here!" Ink yelled, bursting out of the green leaves as his rainbow colors immediately blinded the group, making a few hiss in anger.

"Not cool, bruh!" Fresh shouted, raising an arm in front of his glasses.

Ink held a bunch of sticks and a few rocks floated behind him that were surrounded in golden magic.

"Why did you decide to grab a bunch of sticks and rocks?" Error inquired, his tone sounding bored as he raised a bone-brow.

"To start a fire!" Ink smiled, setting the rocks on the ground before throwing the sticks in the circle.

"Are you planning on setting the whole forest on fire? If so, count me in!" Killer smiled as he stabbed a random tree.

Cross shook his head as Killer shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm bored. What else do ya want from me?" Killer asked.

"No! I was just hoping that maybe we could. . . what do you humans call it? S'mores?" Ink spoke, tapping his chin as a thoughtful look crossed his face.

"The hell is a s'more?" Reaper asked, he didn't need to eat but, a s'more sounded interesting.

Everyone (besides Reaper and Exco) felt hunger pass through their bodies. They felt hungry and they wanted food.

Now.

Their bodies demanded it.

"You, my friend. Have to try a s'more." Y/n smiled, patting his shoulder as the others froze.

"What?" Y/n asked, Exco tilting its head.

"How are you not dead? Usually people die when they touch Reaper, or when Reaper touches them." Geno spoke, shivering when Reaper smirked at him.

"Well, I'm not dead so that solves that." Y/n hummed.

"And you, don't have a choice. You're going to try a s'more." Y/n spoke calmly, "Alright, everyone set up your tent."

"We are setting up camp here." She yawned and opened her bag, pulling out a small device.

"Tent." She whispered, the device let out a ticking noise and fell onto the ground before settling; the device ticked again before it got bigger and formed a nice tent for her and Exco to sleep in.

Speaking of Exco, it was currently supervising an excited Geno, a hungry Cross and an annoyed Error: them having already set up their tents and were now standing near a slowly blooming fire.

"Ah yes. Let's now stand around the fire like idiots." Nightmare rolled his pinprick as his tendrils lashed around.

He was angry for some unknown reason.

"What's got you so pissed? Is it the fact that we're outside? Or is it the fact that everyone is having a good time, but you?" Y/n taunted, earning an enraged growl from Nightmare.

"Calm down, squid."

Y/n ignored the seething Nightmare and looked around at the camp, finding it easy to detect which tent belonged to who.

She turned around and let a soft smile form on her face. She found each of the skeletons sitting around a now large fire as they roasted marshmallows.

Y/n wasn't sure how they even got them.

I sure as hell didn't pack any marshmallows. So, who did?

Classic probably, or Geno.

She watched Exco sneakily take a marshmallow from Killer and slither towards Y/n, keeping its head away from the dirt so the marshmallow wouldn't get any dirt on it.

Y/n took the marshmallow out of Exco's mouth and created a s'more before handing it to a curious Reaper.

"This is a s'more." She hummed.

She and the others watched Reaper take a bite out of the s'more before his dim pinpricks grew larger and brighter before he immediately devoured it.

He turned towards Y/n. "More." He demanded.

"I think Reaper likes s'mores." Ganz spoke, causing everyone to laugh.

Y/n smiled at this and took a bite out of a s'more that Geno handed her.

———————————————————————————

Click: S'mores!!!

Cryptic: For once I agree.

Cryptic/Click: S'mores!