Rules and Paint

Y/n made her way down the hallway and to her room. She had some things that needed to be done, such as programming the house so the 'Squiggles Mode', (A strange name, she knows, but she didn't choose it) didn't kick in and completely obliterate the skeletons' and leave not even a trace of their dust.

She had to know what type of role they took in the multiverse, because their deaths could upset the balance of things and she didn't need the entire multiverse having a seizure because of it. She also needed to know why the magic was going berserk this time - hopefully the magic would settle itself soon.

The door to her room was still locked when she got there, at least they didn't go into my room or try to force their way in, she spared the blue door a glance and her mouth twitched downward into a frown for a mere second.

That door won't ever be opened again . . . at least, not for a long time anyway.

"Ignore the door, Y/n." she told herself and opened the door - the door unlocked itself while she was momentarily distracted by Zane's and Noah's room.

It doesn't matter anymore - they're not coming back, she told herself and locked the door behind her. She didn't need the skeletons' peeping in and questioning her, especially Cross. He already pissed Exco off and was quickly marking himself down on the to-kill list; Exco however knew that it couldn't kill them (I mean it can kill them it just won't), it doesn't mean it can't make their lives a living hell while they're here.

"Computer, research magic origins," she said as she sat down on her bed.

A bluish-glowing keyboard appeared in front of her along with a screen, words and images started to fly all over the screen, popping up and vanishing as soon as it appeared - like a river, and like every river there was always a source.

"All skeletons are from different alternate universes," a clear and robotic voice said, breaking the silence in her room - the voice came from the keyboard.

"Already knew that," she said to the computer.

"What roles do they play in the universe?"

She watched the screen intently, images flashed across the screen - of different monsters, of different scenarios, and different places.

"Classic or Undertale Sans is a skeleton of judgement: he watches a human child known as 'Frisk' through their routes - genocide, pacifist, or neutral - at the end of each route before they reach the king - King Asgore - he will pass judgment on the child."

"So he's like a protective older brother with a temper," she said and an image appeared at the word 'brother': it was of Classic and another skeleton, taller and had a more innocent look - it reminded her of Noah.

The thought of Noah made her advert her eyes from the image and focus on the keyboard, a steady stream of blood started to run down her chin and dripped of her chin in a steady beat.

Didn't the computer say routes? That isn't possible - you can only have one option for one path, but just to make sure, "You said routes as in multiple?"

"Yes. Though rare the child possesses the determination soul thus giving them the reset button, the ability to go back in time but only to an extent - only back to the ruins: the place where their journey of the underground started."

"A reset button, huh?" she wondered if it was possible for herself to acquire such a button - how many things she'd be able to fix before it happened.

"What role does Cross play?" she questioned and wiped the blood off her chin with the back of her hand before wiping it on her pants.