Bonding With A Killer

Y/n woke up to the sound of a hissing Exco and growling. She opened her eyes and turned her head towards Exco, finding it hissing at the tent opening.

Y/n placed a finger on Exco's head and got up, tilting her head at Exco before turning her attention towards the opening. "Come on, Exco. Let's go see what it is and be the first to die." She hummed and opened the tent flap, "As every horror movie tells us not to investigate the noise. We are going to investigate the noise." Exco slithered out of the tent and into the darkness, Y/n having now noticed that it was still nighttime.

She peaked out of her tent and looked around, not finding the source of the growling before she casually got out of the tent.

Y/n looked around again, finding a glow of red wandering away into the forest. Exco. Where the hell do you think you're going?

Y/n walked after Exco, keeping her footsteps light as to not draw attention to herself or wake up the sleeping skeletons.

She followed the red light silently, her movements precise as she calculated every step ahead of her. However, a crunching noise stopped her in her tracks. Y/n walked a tad bit faster, she wanted to keep her friends and Exco safe.

Screw it.

I got attached.

They're my friends and I'm going to protect them.

Y/n watched the light come to a stop and faced the source of the crunching noise, finding Killer kneeled over a deer carcass.

Exco hissed in disapproval as Y/n walked past it. She kneeled down next to Killer as the blood soaked into her clothes.

She placed a hand on his shoulder and didn't flinch when she saw a flash of blue and red, along with a knife being placed on her neck, it quickly drawing blood.

"Y-Y/n? I-I didn't mean t-" Killer was cut off as Y/n gave him a hug, ignoring the slowly rising pain in her neck.

She didn't mind.

She didn't care.

"It's alright, Killer." She whispered.

Exco watched from the background.

It found no threat.

It instead found someone in need of comfort. So, Exco decided to approach, slithering across the grass silently.

Y/n didn't expect Killer to push her away.

Y/n didn't expect tears instead of black goo, to be trailing down his sockets.

She didn't expect him to be grabbing his eye-sockets as he tried to stop himself from harming Y/n further. She didn't except him to show her his pain and struggles.

"It's not okay!" He yelled at her, his tears falling to the ground as he got up, blood staining his clothes as he looked around wildly for any signs of Nightmare.

"You don't know what I've been through! What I have to stop myself from doing!" He raises his voice, his vision settling on her form as he tugged his eye-sockets.

"You don't know what it's like going day after day in fear that you'll do something wrong!"

"You don't even know anything about me! You must fucking hate me for all I know!" He spat, "You don't know how tempting it is to rip you apart and take your E.X.P!"

"You don't know what it's like to be a Monster!" Killer collapsed to the ground, finally getting out what's been stuck in his demented skull.

"That may be your race." Y/n started, walking towards his form.

She ignored his rising laughter as he tugged his sockets harder. "But, it's not you." She kneeled down in front of him and took his hands away from his sockets.

"I know you. And, I know you are the craziest yet best murder-filled skeleton to ever exist. You had to do things that you regret. Things that you may wish you could stop."

Y/n smiled softly at him and hugged him once more, feeling Exco slither up her back and wrap around her's and Killer's necks. "But, I could never hate you. Not even if you tortured me. Not even if you killed me."

"You may have tried, I'll give you that. But, I still didn't hate you then, and I don't hate you now." Exco hissed and nudged Killer's cheek gently.

"Even Exco says that you're awesome, and that's saying a lot, given how we first met." She laughed softly before groaning, feeling a sharp stab in her soul.

Exco hissed in understanding.

It knew why Killer was feeling like this.

It deemed him trustworthy.

It deemed him family.

"Heh, what would I do without ya kid." Killer whispered, the nickname sounding foreign on his non-existent tongue.

His tears still running down his face as he smiled.

"Probably tormenting some poor soul." She smiled softly, feeling Killer let out a weak, but meaningful chuckle.

———————————————————————————

Click: Killer, you have redeemed yourself in the eyes of Exco.

Cryptic: Congratulations! You don't get to die by the snake!

Click: I don't know if I should scold you or not.

Cryptic: Not.