Deadly Questions

"What do you mean?" Y/n rose a brow at Reaper. It sounded like it was a statement rather then a question and that confused Reaper. But then again, this was Y/n. She was confusing enough as it is.

"Exactly what I said." Reaper told her. "Then how am I supposed to go back." She stated, crossing her arms, while Reaper just shrugged.

"I think I can help." A child's voice spoke as a boy fazed through the wall beside Reaper. "I'm X-tale Chara. You can just call me X." X said, looking at Y/n with an unamused expression.

"How would you be able to help?" Reaper spoke, turning his head towards X as he held onto his scythe. "I know a lot more than you think skeleton." X growled before coughing into his hand and walked towards Y/n, who was glaring at him with suspicion from behind her blindfold.

"First things first," X stated.

"What did you see?" X questioned, his arms crossed.

"How do yo-" She started before X cut her off. "Your actions when you were asleep indicated that something was happening." X explained, waving his hand around, while Reaper only watched in the background.

"My actions?" Y/n spoke, placing a hand on her head. She couldn't remember anything while she was asleep.

She felt that it was important.

"You, don't remember?" Reaper spoke up, getting off the wall and walking towards her and X. "N-No. All I remember is Koran, pain and then nothing. . ." Y/n whispered, a headache suddenly appearing and trying to break her skull open, trying to spill her secrets out.

"That doesn't make sense! How can you forge- Y/n?" X yelled before noticing Y/n groan in pain and her legs give out, making her kneel in front of them as she placed her hands on her head.

"I remember something. Two woman, one was pregnant. A man holding a syringe and a knife. He looked old, he looked evil. Dark laughter echoing around me." Y/n let out a cry as the headache got worse.

"A lab. The smell of chemicals. Screaming. Fire. The smell of smoke. Loud crashes. More laughter. It's coming! It's going to kill us!" Y/n cried, blood running down her mouth as tears soaked into her blindfold.

The pain was everywhere and she couldn't escape it.

"I remember a voice, speaking so clearly. . ."

"Who was the owner of that voice?"

"No! I can't remember!" She yelled, pulling at her hair.

"Woah kid! Calm down, it's okay! You're okay." Reaper freaked out, placing his hands on her shoulder to wake her up from her panicking.

"You idiot! You're making it worse!" X growled, taking Reaper's hands off Y/n's shoulders.

From his little time here with the others, he had learned a few things. He learned that what calms     Y/n down would be Exco, or a head pat.

X didn't want to go into that room to get the snake.

It'll look suspicious if he did. So, he'll just have to give Y/n head pats, as weird as that sounds.

Y/n's crying slowly started to stop once she felt a hand gently petting her, like a cat. She was weird but, it was a familiar feeling.

Like someone did this to calm her a long time ago. Y/n swore she heard soft humming inside her head.

It sounded like a lullaby.

"Y/n."

"Y/n. . ."

"Y/n!"

"Y/n!"

Y/n stopped crying by now and peered up and saw a concerned X and Reaper.

Reaper watching from behind X, he rose a bone-brow at her and Y/n nodded, signaling that she's okay.

"I'm fine." She whispered and waved X's hand away from her head.

She got up, wobbling slightly and Reaper quickly went to her side and helped steady her. "We really need to figure out your past." X muttered.

"Why?" Y/n questioned.

"Because, it's your past that's causing you pain, and it's hurting you badly." X hummed and summoned Y/n's soul.

Reaper and X's eyes widened, Y/n's soul was different.

It was rare.

It was unheard of.

Y/n's soul floated weakly above X's hand: it was grey, dull, covered in cracks.

It was dying.

"Y/n, you're dying." Reaper spoke, his pinpricks dim.

"W-what?" She spoke, she felt nothing different about herself.

That was until she glanced down at her hands, finding herself fading.

"You can go back to your body now. But, just to let you know." Reaper started.

We'll be keep a close eye on you." Reaper told her as Y/n started to fade.

I'm dying, huh?

How interesting.

.

.

.

"Y/n, stay with us."

———————————————————————————

Click: Another short chapter! Yay!

Cryptic: I don't know whether to be happy or disappointed.

Click: Hey! I did my best!

Cryptic: And, it wasn't enough.