Chapter 17

Season 3: Episode 20

"Hey, Sergeant. Detective." The officer said to us as I nodded in response.

"What you got?" Dad asked as we walked with the officer.

"Thanks for coming out. This is the lady who made the call. Her dog wouldn't stop barking." He said to dad.

"Huh." Dad said as we walked closer.

"Do you want me to call in the bomb squad?" The officer asked.

"Maybe." I said as dad and I walked closer. Dad put gloves on as we got closer, he slowly unzipped the bag and we found not a bomb but a baby. Dad sighs as I run over to the side to puke up my breakfast.

"Roll the crime lab. And an ambulance." Dad said before looking over to me.

"3114, be advised. Roll a crime lab and an ambulance." The officer said walking away.

I was standing with Erin and Antonio when dad walked over "Crime lab's taking the duffel for prints, hair, and blood. As soon as the body's released from Med, they'll start on the blanket and pajamas. Guess what else they found in the bag? Rocks. Looks like whoever did this put them in to weigh it down." Antonio says.

"How long's she been here?" Dad asks looking to me since I puked up my breakfast not long ago.

Erin puts her arm around me, "Crime lab says preliminary estimate's seven hours."

"So 1:00, 2:00 AM. All right, check the harbor for cameras, run all the parking meters." Dad says looking towards Antonio.

"I'll check back with the officers, too, see if they got anything on campus." Antonio says before walking away as dad follows suit.

"You ok?" Erin asks me as we walk to her car.

"Well, I puked up my breakfast. I'm mad too, it was a good breakfast." I said sighing.

"Have you talked to Hank about what happened at Molly's the other night?" She questioned as we got in the car.

I sighed "No. I'll do it when we get back to the district."

We were walking upstairs when I saw dad, I looked to Erin as she nodded and then glanced to Antonio. I walked towards dad, "I need to talk to you. It's important."

He looks at me and nods, then walks into his office and I follow him in. He sits down at his desk as I sit down in front of it.

"So, let's talk. Does this have anything to do with the glares Erin and Adam have been giving Antonio?" He asks me leaning back in his chair.

"I'm just going to say this, and I need you to just let me get it all out and finish it." I say looking him in the eye as he nods to me.

I took a deep breath and let it all out "The other night Kelly and Antonio got in a fight at Molly's. A couple weeks back Antonio asked to talk, I agreed, and it didn't go well. He according to what Kelly says put his hands on my again." I said as I could see the anger in his eyes and I continued "But this all started a few nights after I came home, I was trying to make Kelly jealous, so I went home with Antonio and I slept with him. It wasn't the first time either, back in high school when Kelly and I were on a break Antonio and I hooked up a couple times. Then Kelly and I got back together, I cut off whatever was happening with Antonio. When I came home, I guess when I slept with him, he assumed I was trying to be with him or something, but I wasn't. That's why I asked to switch partners, especially after what happened in the locker room that day."