Chapter 16

Season 3: Episode 17

Adam and I started our morning the way we always do, Starbucks

Adam and I started our morning the way we always do, Starbucks. We were getting in the car when we heard on the scanner Jay calling in a 10-1. We rushed to the location. Soon as we pulled up, I was out of the car before Adam parked.

Jay was screaming at the DEA agent, and Al was struggling to pull him back.

"Hey, easy, easy." I said stepping between the agent and Jay.

Al finally got a hand on Jay and pushed him up a cement column, "Hey, I don't want to see your face again, do you understand?" Jay yelled out.

"Easy! Just calm down." Al said letting me step in front of him so I could calm Jay down.

"Well, he was... he was ducking, man." Jay said out of breath.

"I don't care about him. Are you okay?" I said hugging him.

"I'm fine. I mean, I hit him, but I'm fine." He said hugging me back.

"All right, just take a breath." I said looking to Roman as he walked up.

"Looks like they left behind a .40 caliber breadcrumb." Roman said as he walked towards it with us following.

"I shot one of 'em. He must have dropped it." Jay said as he put his arm around my neck so I could help him walk.

We looked down at it, Al asked Roman to get the gun to the lab.

"Let's head back." I said to Jay, and we headed to the car to head back to the district.

Erin and Jay were talking once we got back to the district, I took the time to go fill dad in on what we know.

He called Jay to his office; I was sitting on the couch while Jay stood. Dad suggested Jay be on desk duty and Jay was not happy.

"You're not taking me off this." Jay says glaring at dad.

"I'm gonna do whatever I feel is right for this unit, Jay." Dad says looking to me for help.

"This is Terry's blood. I saw the guy who shot him. You need me." Jay says looking to me now.

"Dad let him stay on the case. I'll make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." I said standing up coming to stand next to Jay.

"Okay. But anytime Alyssa or I tell you to sit on the sidelines, you're gonna sit, you understand?" Dad says looking at both of us.

Jay nods and walks out of the room, then dad looks at me.

"Are you sure about this?" He asks me looking out at Jay talking with the team.

I sigh, "No but you know how Jay is. He won't just step down without trying first."

Dad sent Kevin and Adam to pick up Brianna Logan for questioning. I stood in listening to the conversation standing next to Jay.

"Thanks for sticking up for me." Jay says quietly.